• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is there any way they can make RJS more for USF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562
  • Days Won:  0

and what i mean by that is make it more like USF's home stadium, rather than the bucs stadium that USF plays at.. for instance, i like how they drape the concrete walls lining the field with USF green, featuring their sponsors, as well as cover up the bucs logo in the tunnels with USF logos, but is there any way they could at least roll out the endzone sod with new sod just for the USF games that say "USF" or "BULLS" or anything other than the faded "Buccaneers" thats in the endzone?  is there any way they could roll out the sod between the 40 yd lines where the big bucs flag is in the middle and replace it with sod with the USF logo?  what about something as simple as replacing the sails on the bucs ship with sails of USF logos, or covering up the bucs logos on the outside of the stadium with simple banner material that is also used to cover up the concrete walls that line the field?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

I think the term "Community Stadium" is open to interpretation. The Bucs - as landlords - pretty much call the shots. USF - as tenants - have very little say. It would be nice, on gameday, to have it more USFish, but I don't know what sort of funding you'd have to gen.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

and what i mean by that is make it more like USF's home stadium, rather than the bucs stadium that USF plays at.. for instance, i like how they drape the concrete walls lining the field with USF green, featuring their sponsors, as well as cover up the bucs logo in the tunnels with USF logos, but is there any way they could at least roll out the endzone sod with new sod just for the USF games that say "USF" or "BULLS" or anything other than the faded "Buccaneers" thats in the endzone?

No. They can't roll out the sod.  The sod can be repainted, but there are two issues:

1) it can not be done if the Bucs play the next day (as it takes more than 24 hours for pain to dry)..  The good news is that the UCF game is the only one that preceds a Bucs Home game:

Sep 10 USF vs FAMU   |   Sep 11 Bucs @ Minnesota

Sep 17 USF vs UCF   |   Sep 18 Bucs vs Buffalo

Sep 24 USF vs L'vlle   |   Sep 25 Bucs @ Green Bay

Oct 22 USF vs WVU   |   Oct 23 Bucs - Bye Week

Nov 19 UCF vs Cincy   |   Nov 20 Bucs @ Atlanta

2) it costs a bunch of $$ to do it... so if you'd like to sponsor it by writing a check to cover the costs, I am sure USF would be willing to do it...

is there any way they could roll out the sod between the 40 yd lines where the big bucs flag is in the middle and replace it with sod with the USF logo?  

They can't roll up the sod -- but they could paint it (see the endzone reply above -- the center logo has the same issues)...

what about something as simple as replacing the sails on the bucs ship with sails of USF logos,

It could probably be done, but it would cost $$$.

or covering up the bucs logos on the outside of the stadium with simple banner material that is also used to cover up the concrete walls that line the field?

That costs $$, too.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  106

Oct 22 USF vs WVU   |   Oct 23 Bucs - Bye Week

Hopefully, they will paint the end zones and center logo for the UWV game.  The Bucs don't play at Ray Jay until Nov. 6th and it will be Homecoming.

8)  

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

They can keep the flag in the middle but I'd think an iconic "U" with a green background would be nice.

Other things;

1) Add a stats person upstairs to update the jumbotron with stats at the end of each quarter and half.

2) Have the same person flash pictures of players on the screen when they make an outstanding play and when they are approaching some sort of record (e.g.  Andre Hall - 35 yards before he becomes the all-time leading rusher in USF history, Johnny Peyton - with that reception is leading nation receiving yards).  This will give the fans something extra to cheer for and about.

3) Encourage the players to hang around and greet the fans after the game.   When my son was young, it was the highlight of the evening when they went around the wall giving "high fives" to the fans.  I realize that this is tough after a loss (if we have any  ;)  ), but it would really establish a connection with the fans.

4) No piped in music between plays.  That's what the band is for.   And speaking of band...

5) More members and charts.

• Topic Count:  236
  • Content Count:  1,797

The best way to make RJS more for USF is to pack the stands with screaming passionate USF fans.  Get all your friends, enemies, family members, co-workers, classmates, et al and have them buy season tickets Cee.  The rest of the stuff ($$$$ as Wooly put it) will take care of itself.

Normal

;)

Guest Vanilla rice

Yeah, everyone on here is right.  The Bucs are the main tennants.  The stadium was built for them, not us.  Also, if you think about it, Buc games bring in a ton of more money for the Tampa Bay sports Authority then do the USF games.  The Bucs have like 60,000 each game where as USF brings in like 27,000 if that?  Also, with the Bucs playing at home the next day, you have to have that outline of the Bucs in the end zone.  But have you noticed that when the Bucs aren't playing the next day, it will have USF on it?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

Also, with the Bucs playing at home the next day, you have to have that outline of the Bucs in the end zone.  But have you noticed that when the Bucs aren't playing the next day, it will have USF on it?

They don't usually put USF in the endzone.  But I can say that when the Bucs don't play the next day, the RayJay people don't freshen the Buccaneers paint, so it's a bit faded (because the grass has grown a bit and been cut since they painted it last)...

The only time I can recall USF being in the endzone was for Homecoming...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I've said it before, it would be nice if the Bucs used a helmet for their midfield logo.  That could easily be changed from one team to the next.  I hate the "U" on the Bucs flag.