• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Practice Observations and Photo Gallery

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

My, how 6 months of no football has blinded you...............

Pat Julmiste has ZERO touch , ZERO accuracy, and ZERO timing on his throws.

A player must show SOME sort of potential at SOME point during a season in order to think that he's going to improve................

Just watching the Spring Jam on B'House channel 47, I cringe watching PJ.  In BullG's defense, I put the Army loss directly on the D's shoulders.  After that, IMO, losses were about 60-75% the result of poor offensive output.  On the other hand, Andre almost single handly won the UAB game keeping that Blazer QB off the field.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Bulldoug and Bigshoop at least can recollect how we all felt last year.  If PJ starts I have a feeling we'll all be on the same page by the second game.  Don't let this preseason hype goad you into thinking he has somehow miraculously become a BCS quality QB.  He wasn't even a CUSA quality QB.  He doesn't have the skill set.  

Put him at LB, but him at FB, whatever.  Just don't put him at Qb.  His confidence is gone and his touch was never there.  

Please tell me 3 long passes that he hit last year.  I remember two.  One that Peyton dropped and one that he caught.  That's it.  

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919

I think most PJ detractors are forgetting that the recievers have an awful lot to do with how good a QB looks.  There is plenty of blame to spread around last year with passes that were right on the mark that were dropped, or receivers who ran wrong routes or just didn't get open.  

With PJ and the receivers all back, I expect an improved passing game.  PJ will not turn into Matt Leinart, but if he has a 2:1 TD:INT ratio and completes 55% of his passes, the O should be pretty good.  I just want to see marked improvement this year.  This is a building year towards having this team ready to compete for Big East titles in 2006 and beyond.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

I think most PJ detractors are forgetting that the recievers have an awful lot to do with how good a QB looks.  There is plenty of blame to spread around last year with passes that were right on the mark that were dropped, or receivers who ran wrong routes or just didn't get open.  

With PJ and the receivers all back, I expect an improved passing game.  PJ will not turn into Matt Leinart, but if he has a 2:1 TD:INT ratio and completes 55% of his passes, the O should be pretty good.  I just want to see marked improvement this year.  This is a building year towards having this team ready to compete for Big East titles in 2006 and beyond.

Sitting in the endzone, you can see what PJ sees...

Hard for his WRs to make plays for him when ZERO passes hit them in stride and/or in the numbers.

It's like they're running across the field saying "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...." as he releases the pass.