• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Build Offense Around Flowers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

Flowers is the caliber of athlete that you can build an offense around.

We have done the opposite and tried to force him into an offense he doesn't have the strengths for. Not just that, we have specifically asked him not to use his strengths. 

Picture if he had slid or gone down at the first possibility of contact in many of these long runs. Reminds me of the touch rule in the spring game where we say that's basically taking away a big part of his game and doesn't reflect what would happen in a live game. 

For those saying that he was never a good passer, just look at the ratings last year. That's using a passing game plan that is built around his strengths. You'll see that only half or less of the long throw highlights are to Adams, so we know he was throwing to MVS and Mccants last year. I don't buy the Adams and Mack being gone is the primary reason our O is struggling and we would have seen similar results with the GCO argument. If we were seeing this type of action out of Flowers and still struggling I would buy it.

Strong has taken a risk by not leaving the offense built around Flowers, we'll see how it turns out. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

He’s been told to slide by CCs. Ccs and Gilbert changing the offense will be the downfall of this season. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

20 minutes ago, CRBULL said:

For those saying that he was never a good passer, just look at the ratings last year. That's using a passing game plan that is built around his strengths. You'll see that only half or less of the long throw highlights are to Adams, so we know he was throwing to MVS and Mccants last year. I don't buy the Adams and Mack being gone is the primary reason our O is struggling and we would have seen similar results with the GCO argument. If we were seeing this type of action out of Flowers and still struggling I would buy it.

Strong has taken a risk by not leaving the offense built around Flowers, we'll see how it turns out. 

To be honest, he racked up a lot of yards with the little 1 foot pass instead of handing it off on a jet sweep.  Helped the percentage and total yards.  Yesterday he missed some throws but, all in all, had a good game passing.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

I like it when teams scheme around what they have, so yes.