• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA Football '06

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

Define "improved." I played NCAA '05 last night and PJ had to throw like 55 passes, against freaking Vanderbilt, to get to 360 yards passing. It seemed like the DB's coverage last year was a little too good, especially when they would unleash a 40-inch vertical to deflect a pass. Then the ball would float in the air forever until someone picked it off.

EA has never had 80 or 90-person rosters so that's why it's not that deep. On the flip side, when were you ever going to use the #8 and #9 WRs on the depth chart?

And how's the Big East thing working out? It will be nice to know I can lose a couple of games and still get into a BCS bowl, instead of having to kill myself OOC and run the table to have a chance. Should also make it a lot easier to build the program in Dynasty mode.

Only played a couple games, but completion % is much better - like 60%.  PJ was 12-18 for like 256 yds against UCF.  Short passes all seem to be caught as they should most of the time.  Seems like the passes that could never be completed on '05 can now be caught - like deep outs.

Don't know about the Big East yet, but the articles I've seen on the game say that problem has been fixed.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

Ryan, how many of the freshmen are in the game.  I am getting it tomorrow but i can hardly wait

Carlton Hill, Grothe, WR #82 (not sure who that is), DeArmas, MLB #54 (Gene Coleman?), DB #28 (Tyller Roberts?).  Might have missed one - but there are not too many Freshmen.

Josh Julmiste, Mompreimere, Carlton Williams, Gachette are there as Sophs.

Nicholas and Tim Jones are studs.  So is Peyton.  

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  433

how's the running game?? did they do hall justice?

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

I know that hall is a 90 overall with like 93 spd so they actually represented him fairly well. That surprises me because EA has some sort of UCF connection and always seem to rate the Bulls pretty low.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Do they actually have player's names or just their numbers?  i.e. how do you know who is who?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Do they actually have player's names or just their numbers?  i.e. how do you know who is who?

I'm pretty sure they only have numbers.  But you can input names yourself or get a complete roster from someone or the internet.

how's the running game?? did they do hall justice?

The running game is supposed to be better, but they changed the controls so you have to use the right analog stick to juke now and I'm not used to it yet.  The holes are supposed to open up better and the RB should be able to make some better moves to make guys miss.  There is gang tackling now too.  

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

im boycotting since they didnt put it out on gamecube this year......

well at least until I buy a 360 in November

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

They only put numbers for the players..no names but you can put them in. Just started season and put Denson as starter and was losing to PSU 17-0 after 1st quarter....got mad and turned game off