• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rating the state's RB's

Guest Vanilla Rice

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Recruiting is like a box of chocolates.  Again, you don't know what you're gonna get.  Kawika lived up to the billing, but DeJuan Green didn't.  DeJuan was higher rated than Kawika was coming out of high school.  You're right about Steve.  He flows good.  He knows how to avoid and shed blocks and find his way through traffic.  Not the biggest guy in the world, but it doesn't matter.  He's gotten a little bigger though but like everyone else, he will lose a lot of it in two a days.  Definately the best guy on defense.  One to watch is Pat St. Louis.  He chose us over Auburn.  He too, has added size and boy that kid can run.  He's fast like Mo Jo but probably faster.  I was very surprised to see that MoJo couldn't hang on in the NFL.  I thought he would be a good player in the league in terms of making a team and contributing on special teams.  i was wrong on that one.  But getting back to St. Nich.  He's also a good kid.  One that you will never find in the police blotters unfortunately like some of his former teammates.

I hear that about St. Louis, but the few times I've seen practices he was hurt.   I think Coleman could pound it, and bring that LBing crew to the prestige they're accustom to.

I am with ya on Mojo.  He had good combine numbers too.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Vanilla Rice

Here's one thing.  Unlike the others on this site who have never picked up a ball in their life.  I'm not a fan of FSU, UF or Miami or UCF......but......I give them their respect.  Anyone who can play football and go to school no matter where they are at gets props in my book.  it's a tough thing to do.  Same goes for the coaches.  Remember, that isn't your typical 9-5 job.  Most of the time you work seven days a week.  Because of that, I give props to any college coach or player out there.  That's why you won't ever see me bash a player or a team.  I just give props where props is due and call it like I see it.  I respect all Florida teams and all teams out there in general.  Don't forget, coaching has got to be one of the toughest professions out there.  If you don't win...you're fired.  Plain and simple.  it doesn't matter if the A.D. or the school president likes you or not.  If you don't win.  You get fired.  It sucks, but that's life.  But because I respect the profession and the student-athlets involved, I don't think anyone should ever bash a certain coach or player, even if it's the opposition.  For those of you who went to college and played a sport or are in the coaching profession or work in sports in general, you know what i mean.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

I liked though how Cyberbull said that he is a fan and a fan is a fanatic so yes he sees things in green and gold.  At least he admited at that point that he is biased and doesn't know a **** thing about football.  

Don't put words in my mouth.

I never said he is the best RB in college football.

He is a great college football player. That is the general sentiment among USF fans. Comparisons to other players are made for the sakes of comparisons. They are not fair to Hall or the player he is being compared to in the NFL.

How do you know that Hall won't have a good NFL career? Do you have proof or other convincing insight? Ditto for Washington....

If youu got off that box you keep talking about you would actually realize what people have been trying to explain to you.

It's a lot like MLB MVP award.

Do you award it to the best statistical player or do you give to the player that is most valuable to his team. Either way you have two 'great' players. The best statistical player may have more athleticism etc...but the most valuable player just helps his team win games..

Isnt that the bottom line and not who is going to be the better pro or has more athleticism?

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Here's one thing.  Unlike the others on this site who have never picked up a ball in their life.  I'm not a fan of FSU, UF or Miami or UCF......but......I give them their respect.  Anyone who can play football and go to school no matter where they are at gets props in my book.  it's a tough thing to do.  Same goes for the coaches.  Remember, that isn't your typical 9-5 job.  Most of the time you work seven days a week.  Because of that, I give props to any college coach or player out there.  That's why you won't ever see me bash a player or a team.  I just give props where props is due and call it like I see it.  I respect all Florida teams and all teams out there in general.  Don't forget, coaching has got to be one of the toughest professions out there.  If you don't win...you're fired.  Plain and simple.  it doesn't matter if the A.D. or the school president likes you or not.  If you don't win.  You get fired.  It sucks, but that's life.  But because I respect the profession and the student-athlets involved, I don't think anyone should ever bash a certain coach or player, even if it's the opposition.  For those of you who went to college and played a sport or are in the coaching profession or work in sports in general, you know what i mean.

Now we see what this all about. It's about you wanting some props b/c you went to school and played football, and in order for you to let us know that you "know football" you are trying to pass yourself off as a college / NFL scout in trying to downgrade Hall's abilities.

Dude.....don't try so hard....if us fans are so stupid like you make us out to be then you don't have try so hard to impress us. Afterall, even though most of us have played and watch football since we were little kids, we don't know squat about the game. ::)

BTW, I give more respect for the college athlete who trains hard in his sport and graduates.  Many 'regular' students work just as hard but in a different way.

Guest Vanilla Rice

Cyberbull,

you have no idea dude.  Okay sure, a student works hard.  But a student-athlete has to do that same work but the rigors of a sport on top of that.  You have classes in the morning like everyone else.  in the offseason you have conditioning at 5 a.m. before classes.  During the season you then have meetings at 2 and from there you have practice.  After that you have study hall and then sometimes go and watch film.  It's the same thing the next day.  That's a tough schedule to keep.  I'm sure every other sport athlete has the same schedule.  It's not like working at burger king or whatever because as a student-athlete you are trying to excel at both school and your sport.  That's why I give props to anyone out there whether they play at UCF or USF.  It's tough for those that put the 100% effort into it.  Sometimes you have athletes that don't.  So if you want to say fan stuff, say rah rah, go team.  Don't come off on here speaking like an expert when all you know of is USF football and nothing else.  

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

if that's the case then why does everyone put their two cents in here and talk like they know what they are talking about when they don't.

It's a fan's freaking Internet message board, you imbecile. What the hell does it matter to YOU??

You like apples?  how bout them apples!

I'm more a kumquat fan myself ...

If that is the case, then they shouldn't be making comments like comparing Andre Hall to Dickerson and Payton?

What does it matter to you? And why are you getting so bent about it?

Also Fan-atics are sometimes called "crazies."  Is that you?  Get a life!

There is someone here who should be searching for a life but it's no one that's registered ...

Maybe if you watched some film Triple B you would have an educated comment to make.  but until then, I guess you don't know much do you?  I guess since you don't, I guess that's why you can't make an educated comment about the subject now can you?  

I wouldn't dare comment now and chance feeling the wrath of the reincarnation of Hank Stram, Vince Lombardi or whoever the hell you are ......

Lighten up, Wong. Being a **** is no way to go through life.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

All I can say is with his "attitude" I sure hope Vanilla Rice isnt associated with meeting or talking to our recruits. That whole better than you **** gets old FAST.  

The whole concept of who is a college football expert is rediculous. I would say Jim Leavitt is a football expert but I wouldnt expect him to be able to discuss teams other than the Bulls and the teams he plays at all (unless he recruited certain players). Does that make him "Not an Expert"?  Who has more football knowledge in general, the fan who watches 5-10 football games a week during the season and watches all the sports pundits between games and reads all of the best "experts" in the business who write in the magazines or the sports pages or the kid playing running back for team XYZ that has to be at conditioning at 5:00am and classes all day, then practice, then study hall, then homework and who may get to watch 1-2 games a week outside of thier own or the teams film they are playing?

I'd say the football fan would know more about football "outside of USF" than any player on our team.  But you seem to think this "expertise" is ony tacit, its not.

Guest Vanilla Rice

By the way, I'm just messing with people on this chat site.  Many of you are crazies and it's fun sometimes.  But I still stand by what I say in most of this stuff.  If someone makes a comment, they should back it up with some facts.  Also, respect the players and coaches.  They are trying to win games.  Not lose them.  A lot of times if you lose a game, it's because they are a better team.  Pure and simple (with the exception of Army and Cincy).  

P.S.  I can tell some of you don't like apples.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  188

I think it would be a good idea for VR to read over these posts again.  I have read them and I do not see where anyone compared Hall to Dickerson, Payton or Faulk.

One person said with the exception of Dickerson and Payton.  And the Faulk comment was made as a point of reference that you can't completely discount a players stats strickly based of the conference he played.  

Guest Vanilla Rice

Posted by Bulldoug:

As for Hall missing a quarter here & a quarter there, that's typical RB wear n tear.  Give Andre a QB and group of WRs that can catch ball & IMO he's a top 10-12 RB in the nation and a 3rd round NFL draft pick.  He explodes thru an open hole in the line with the best RBs I've seen with exception to Dickerson, Smith and Payton as far a college backs go.

And I quote, "he explodes thru an open hole inthe line with the best RB's I've seen with exception to Dickerson, Smith and Payton as far as college backs go."  

Whoa Nellie, the kid is good, but apparently someone hasn't seen too many backs in their career if they are comparing Hall to those guys.  Read it again there Freshman Bob!  didn't they teach you to read in college instead of scanning?