• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What do you hope to see Saturday?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

On 9/1/2017 at 0:27 PM, Brad said:

We'd probably have to suck as bad as UConn to get that kind of check....  :(

A very reliable source told me that USF was FIRST offered the $1.2 million to play at Clemson and turned it DOWN, as a matter of scheduling philosophy.

Also, I learned that USF will be getting $1 million+ for the extra game @Texas.

So, USF is looking to do more 2-1 deals and the $1 million+ payday for the extra game. At least we then get a big time opponent for a home game in addition to the money.

Had we just accepted the one and done @Clemson, we would not be able to negotiate any 2-1 deals in the future. The top football schools would then know we would be willing to just take the money wih NO return game at all.

USF might make an exception to play another game @Florida in the future. That is under possible consideration.

It appears that FSU won't schedule another series with USF while Jimbo is their coach.

Miami might be open to another series with USF, because we would help their home attendance.

FWIW, I also heard that a couple of days after we won @Auburn a big name school we were about to sign a contract with pulled out of the deal. 

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

A very reliable source told me that USF was FIRST offered the $1.2 million to play at Clemson and turned it DOWN, as a matter of scheduling philosophy.

So, USF is looking to do more 2-1 deals and the $1 million+ payday for the extra game. At least we then get a big time opponent for a home game in addition to the money.

Had we just accepted the one and done @Clemson, we would not be able to negotiate any 2-1 deals in the future. The top football schools would then know we would be willing to just take the money wih NO return game at all.

USF might make an exception to play another game @Florida in the future. That is under possible consideration.

It appears that FSU won't schedule another series with USF while Jimbo is their coach.

Miami might be open to another series with USF, because we would help their home attendance.

FWIW, I also heard that a couple of days after we won @Auburn a big name school we were about to sign a contract with pulled out of the deal. 

Interesting...thanks for sharing 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

On 8/29/2017 at 4:22 PM, Bulls On Parade said:

A much quicker start, less drops and better blocking from oline.

Man I saw none of that....eh

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,086
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Mama_Bull said:

All real good info.  Thanks Mama.