• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Your Guess: Number of football victories in 2005

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

Are you serious?  I was just responding to he post directed to me.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Me? Serious? No.

Just want to make sure everyone (including our newest bestest buddy - DW) has the opportunity to again enjoy the win over the rabid wolf wannabes.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

There is a certain team in Florida that could not use a poll like the one above since there is no box with a "0" next to it.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

::lmao::

There is a certain team in Florida that could not use a poll like the one above since there is no box with a "0" next to it.

Okay, time to lock this thread down....  ;D

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

3 wins - 4 if we play out of our heads.  Thinking we can beat very good teams like WVU, PITT or L'ville is just baseless.  Any team with a decent offense will crush us.  Our secondary cannot tackle or cover.  Hopefully JJ makes a difference there but the other guys are highly suspect.   Teams are going to stack the box with 7 defenders to stop Hall.  This forces us to throw.  We all k now PJ can't.  We all know Denson can run but that won't help us with 8 defenders in the box.   Way too many question marks.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  160

dw4uconn, I dont disrespect UCONN by making that prediction.  I actually feel we are pretty evenly matched, but you will  have an advantage with the weather, hopefully we can overcome that.  I am not saying that UCONN is a guranteed win by and means, I am just saying it is a winnable game. If we played each other 10 times the series would probably be 5-5.  I just hope that we take the early lead.

Sorry I didn't respond, I didn't see your post. The thing between you and Bulliever wnet over my head - Lost in translation dontknow.gif

I had asked for a new thread to be started on the topic of the USF vs Uconn game so not to clutter this thread. What happened was that I started a thread on the Bigeast forum and Jim did likewise on the Bullpen main form. So we have two threads going on regarding the Uconn vs USF game. I believe Bulliever was simply providing a link to the thread I started. I don't think he meant to upset anyone dontknow.gif  I guess I AM a trouble maker  :D

Anyway, you are correct Spence to see Uconn as a winnable game. So will be Cincy. After that, there will likely be very tough wins to be had for USF. I like your 10 game idea being split 5-5. The bad news is that after those ten years, I strongly believe USF will be the #1 FF program in the BE. Uconn could fight for #2 or #3.

You also agree with me that the weather could be a factor. However, I think there is more to Uconn's home field advantage and I posted my opinion on the thread I started on the BE forum - the one Bulliever posted a link to.

Thank you Spence for responding to me. You all have made me feel quite welcome here. Nice board you all have.

DW

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

3 wins - 4 if we play out of our heads.  Thinking we can beat very good teams like WVU, PITT or L'ville is just baseless.  Any team with a decent offense will crush us.  Our secondary cannot tackle or cover.  Hopefully JJ makes a difference there but the other guys are highly suspect.   Teams are going to stack the box with 7 defenders to stop Hall.  This forces us to throw.  We all k now PJ can't.  We all know Denson can run but that won't help us with 8 defenders in the box.   Way too many question marks.

I agree with pretty much everything you said, but I count 5 wins (4, I guess, if we lose to UConn)... and I guess if we get our crap together, 'Nati is possible.

Sat 9/3 at Penn State    

Sat 9/10 Florida A&M    

Sat 9/17 UCF    

Sat 9/24 Louisville*    

Sat 10/1 at Miami    

Sat 10/15 at Pittsburgh*    

Sat 10/22 West Virginia*    

Sat 11/5 at Rutgers*    

Sat 11/12 at Syracuse*  

Sat 11/19 Cincinnati*    

Sat 11/26 at Connecticut*

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Sat 9/3 at Penn State    

Sat 9/10 Florida A&M    

Sat 9/17 UCF    

Sat 9/24 Louisville*    

Sat 10/1 at Miami    

Sat 10/15 at Pittsburgh*    

Sat 10/22 West Virginia*    

Sat 11/5 at Rutgers*    

Sat 11/12 at Syracuse*    

Sat 11/19 Cincinnati*    

UL, UM, Pitt, & WVU is gonna be one tuff stretch.  I believe USF will matchup talent wise w/UCONN but it will be a very close game.  This is all predicated on the fact that the Bull QB play will be improved 50% and the defense will improve 25%.  See the Joneses for the defense  :) improvem't.  I believe our Bulls could steal that 6th win from PSU or Syracuse but I'm not betting on it.  BTW, offensively, at least we know it can't get worse.

Guest S.  Bien
Sat 9/3 at Penn State    

Sat 9/10 Florida A&M    

Sat 9/17 UCF    

Sat 9/24 Louisville*    

Sat 10/1 at Miami    

Sat 10/15 at Pittsburgh*    

Sat 10/22 West Virginia*    

Sat 11/5 at Rutgers*    

Sat 11/12 at Syracuse*    

Sat 11/19 Cincinnati*    

UL, UM, Pitt, & WVU is gonna be one tuff stretch.  I believe USF will matchup talent wise w/UCONN but it will be a very close game.  This is all predicated on the fact that the Bull QB play will be improved 50% and the defense will improve 25%.  See the Joneses for the defense  :) improvem't.  I believe our Bulls could steal that 6th win from PSU or Syracuse but I'm not betting on it.  BTW, offensively, at least we know it can't get worse.

Athletically speaking we're only going to be outclassed by Miami and PSU.  However, execution, youth, and some key positions still with ineffective personnel hinder our ability to excel in certain games.  

PSU, Miami, and Pitt are almost unwinnable unless a stud QB just suddenly crops out of nowhere for us, another big time offensive threat develops from a novelty act to an everydown threat, i.e. maybe Peyton, Chambers, or Garris, and we develop a few studs on defense like Nicholas, Coleman, Mompremier, Royal, the Jones', and jenkins.  

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765

My guess is that playing U Conn at the end of the season and giving our team time to jell outweighs playing in the cold.   If the team grows during the season like I expect we will be pretty solid at the end of the year.  

Last year the team just seemed to give up about half way through the season.   It would be nice to see more maturity this year and I think we will.    Not expecting much middle ground I see us being either pretty good or a repeat of the last couple years which have been pretty bad.