• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF FOOTBALL: what will make you happy in 05-06?

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

Describe the kind of progressive changes for the program and a season record/achievements that will make you happy as a fan.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

Hate to state the obvious but an offense that can look at a  7 yard pickup with more than 1/2 of an option.  The passing game is huge in winning and losing and would have made the difference in several games last year.  I will be pleased with a 7-4 or better, otherwise, it's a disappointment.

Guest BasketBull.

We've got to get to a bowl. Stats are nice and all, but ultimately our program's progress is defined by bowl bids.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

At least a 6-5 season, improved QB play (at least 56% completions), and a defense with the success we're used to.

If those things happen next year, I will be happy.  Besides, i can't picture us doing worse than 6-5 if the other 2 conditions happen.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Just win Baby!

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  1

Winning season with a bowl game

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

A winning season would be nice.  

Guest S.  Bien
At least a 6-5 season, improved QB play (at least 56% completions), and a defense with the success we're used to.

If those things happen next year, I will be happy.  Besides, i can't picture us doing worse than 6-5 if the other 2 conditions happen.

Agreed, anyone hoping for much better than 6 and 5 better be careful.  If denson starts, and can pass accurately and consistently inside 20 yards then the offense will flow fine especially with Hall and Denson running the ball.  However, if this defense can play like the 03' group, with a bit better QB play then 6 wins should be within reason.  If the defense plays like the 02' group, with even better QB play then 7 wins should be within reason.  A lot of question marks, but if a few get answered then I could see 6 wins and our first bowl bid.  

Unfortunately, if this team wants to continue moving forward then I think 6 wins is almost necessary with a bowl bid.  Less than that questionmarks will persist, and recruiting could stagnate.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

better defense

better QB play

better playcalling

less penalties

one win that we are not supposed to win

bowl eligible

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

I am expecting us to go about 4-7 this year, so anything over that would be great.  This is obviously a rebuilding year in a new big time conference so I will not be dissappointed with 4-7 or 5-6.  That is of course assuming that it does appear some progress has been made.  It is one thing to go 4-7 and see improvements on the offensive and defensive side of the ball as Bulls96go pointed out, as well as playcalling and cutting down on penalties.  But it is another thing to go 4-7 when making similar mistakes as were made last year, and it just seems like more of the same.  

I guess to use a sports cliche I hope by the end of the season to see something to build on for '06 rather than more of the same with no light at the end of the tunnel.