• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF should get Football Game vs Notre Dame

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

While it's been confirmed that ND has been in talks with the Big Ten, I'm rather confused as to what exactly will play out.  There could be a lot of doubletalk going on and we might see a surprise.

If I'm correct, ND did try and get into the Big Ten some time back.  The Big Ten declined and when Notre Dame was offered in 1999, they returned the favor.  If they were forced to join a conference, I bet it would be the Big Ten.  They fit there academically, athletically and geographically.  The Big Ten is the granddaddy of I-A power conferences.  It's fitting that Notre Dame be in that group.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

playing usf will make nd's schedule easier

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Regardless of the outcome, it would make for a great road game and home game.  The young football program of USF playing a program of such tradition and following would be very exciting and by the time we do play ND, USF will be vastly better and ND hasn't been that dominant lately anyway, who knows?

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  67

Oops, I guess I was right, again.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/orl-asecsportstown01030105mar01,0,1151033.story

At stake long term are the futures of two Orlando-based bowl games, the Champs Sports Bowl and the Capital One Bowl on New Year's Day; the Florida Classic game between historically black colleges Bethune-Cookman College and Florida A&M University; and neutral-site games involving Florida State, Miami and Notre Dame.

The schools recently contacted Florida Citrus Sports Executive Director Tom Mickle, whose group stages the bowl games and the classic, upon learning the college football schedule is likely to grow from 11 games to 12 beginning next year. The stadium and its ability to generate revenue is a crucial part of the schools' decision-making.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Oops, I guess I was right, again.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/orl-asecsportstown01030105mar01,0,1151033.story

At stake long term are the futures of two Orlando-based bowl games, the Champs Sports Bowl and the Capital One Bowl on New Year's Day; the Florida Classic game between historically black colleges Bethune-Cookman College and Florida A&M University; and neutral-site games involving Florida State, Miami and Notre Dame.

The schools recently contacted Florida Citrus Sports Executive Director Tom Mickle, whose group stages the bowl games and the classic, upon learning the college football schedule is likely to grow from 11 games to 12 beginning next year. The stadium and its ability to generate revenue is a crucial part of the schools' decision-making.

There was a story in the sentinel 6 months ago about ND and F$U potentially playing in the Citrus Bowl. There has also been talk about ND & Miami playing in the CB. I sincerly doubt USF is going to play ND in the Citrus Dump. Especially in 2012 when the Citrus Bowl will likely be condemed if they don't make the necessary renovations to meet fire code and handicap access regulations.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Oops, I guess you weren't. This all started on here because you said ND wouldn't be playing USF despite the fact that the article states they would be playing all eight BE teams. Show in your article where it contradicts ND playing USF.

It's one thing to be wrong once on a topic but to keep being wrong and then drawing attention back to it is just plain ignorant .........

Besides, saying you were right "again" implies you have already been right once, and that is laughable.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  67

Cyber, I did not say that USF would not play ND, I said it won't happen in Raymond James.  No where did it say where those games that ND agreedto play will be played.  All it said was three teams will get home and home series and one of those is already done with Pitt, the second is pretty much going to be Rutgers or UCONN, leaving the third to be fought out.  All others will play at ND.  So most likely USF will play at ND, great road game for you, but considering that ND is going to start to have seven home games a year, there will be plenty of other cupcakes on their home schedule as well.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Cyber, I did not say that USF would not play ND, I said it won't happen in Raymond James.

Hmmmm.....

Looks like over the next 8-10 years, USF will probably play a Football Game vs Notre Dame.
I don't think they will.  What is more likely is one of Notre Dame's smaller opponents will move their game to the Citrus Bowl for a big paycheck.  ND still gets a game in Florida and gets paid very well to do so.

Don't see RayJay mentioned anywhere in there, just K_L saying ND will play USF and you saying they won't ........ Let me guess, you didn't fully COMPREHEND what K_L wrote.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

Doesnt ND try to schedule a florida team to play regularly to help with recruiting in the talent rich state?  I would not be surprised if they did come to Ray Jay to play.  While it is true that they are going to start playing 7 home games a year they still have to play 5 on the road.  And if you were the recruiting coordinator for ND and had to decide where you wanted to play on the road, Conneticut (UCONN) New Jersey (Rutgers) or Florida (USF) who would you pick?  Just for the recruiting aspects of it alone I think we stand a decent chance of them coming to Tampa.  

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677

I dont see ND playing U guys in fla any time soon.. if u get a game it will be on the road.  ND does play fla teams.. usually FSU  for many reasons incl recruiting... playing USF wont help there much.. just like UCF no one outside tampa or otown watch the games or care.