• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF should get Football Game vs Notre Dame

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  67
  • Days Won:  0

Spence read the article.  It clearly says that ND is going to play either UCONN or Rutgers specifically for recruiting purposes.  

If ND is going on the road, it will be to play FSU or UM.  They would do that to get a home and home series with a power team, not a team like USF who they can control by just giving them one game.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/trib/mostread/s_338723.html

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  106

Spence read the article.  It clearly says that ND is going to play either UCONN or Rutgers specifically for recruiting purposes.  

If ND is going on the road, it will be to play FSU or UM.  They would do that to get a home and home series with a power team, not a team like USF who they can control by just giving them one game.

Knight_Dive,

The article says:

...will play three Big East teams each football season on a home-and-home basis. All eight conference teams will face the Irish

I will break this down for you.

"All eight conference teams will face the Irish."

1) Can we agree that USF will play the Irish (according to the article)?  ???

Now the second part:

...will play three Big East teams each football season

2) Can we agree (according to the article) the Irish will have three Big East teams on their schedule every year.  ???

...on a home-and-home basis.

Now for the complicated part.  

3) Can we agree the three teams the Irish are playing on any given year will be on a "home and home basis" (according to the article)?  ???

ND may play a few games in $hitrus bowl, no one is arguing that point.  All I am saying is the Irish are going to play three BE teams per year on a 'home and home basis" and they will play all eight BE teams.

8)

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Now the second part:

2) Can we agree (according to the article) the Irish will have three Big East teams on their schedule every year.  ???

Now for the complicated part.  

3) Can we agree the three teams the Irish are playing on any given year will be on a "home and home basis" (according to the article)?  ???

ND may play a few games in $hitrus bowl, no one is arguing that point.  All I am saying is the Irish are going to play three BE teams per year on a 'home and home basis" and they will play all eight BE teams.

8)

If I'm reading the article correctly, it looks like starting in 2009 and continuing through 2015 2 of ND's 3 annual BE games will involve Pitt and either UConn or Rutgers at the Meadowlands. I don't believe it says how may years the agreement is for but it's going to take a while to get a home-and-home with each BE team only playing 3 games a year.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  67

You are correct Triple, the article is not very wel written as it is confusing.  It is not clear is all teams will get home and homes, or it all teams will just play ND and only three teams get home and homes.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Who cares, it's gonna be a long time before we play them anyways...

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

What the hell are you talking about?  Your assessment of my post is completely FUBAR.

Here is my post...

Doesnt ND try to schedule a florida team to play regularly to help with recruiting in the talent rich state?  I would not be surprised if they did come to Ray Jay to play.  While it is true that they are going to start playing 7 home games a year they still have to play 5 on the road.  And if you were the recruiting coordinator for ND and had to decide where you wanted to play on the road, Conneticut (UCONN) New Jersey (Rutgers) or Florida (USF) who would you pick?  Just for the recruiting aspects of it alone I think we stand a decent chance of them coming to Tampa.

Did you even bother to read it before using it as a reference to your follow-up and taking it completely out of context?