• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Hosts No. 16/15 South Carolina Saturday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

Talk about 15 wins is ridiculous at this point. I like Antigua, but the reality is this team shows no signs it will get to 7 wins let alone 10. 

Even in a couple of their wins earlier in the year they were kind of lucky to hold on to win. They have yet to put more than a couple of complete games together. Anything more than 7 wins may very well be luck. 

Agree, I am just  hoping for a little success. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, usfgrad84 said:

Talk about 15 wins is ridiculous at this point. I like Antigua, but the reality is this team shows no signs it will get to 7 wins let alone 10. 

Even in a couple of their wins earlier in the year they were kind of lucky to hold on to win. They have yet to put more than a couple of complete games together. Anything more than 7 wins may very well be luck. 

Just a hunch but I think we'd already be at 7 wins if JM hadn't screwed up. 2 of the better games they've played have been the last 2 losses with him playing. Those early wins they were lucky to hold on for don't really mean a whole lot going forward. It's a different team with McBuckets in there. One thing COA said on postgame was that the coaches screwed up by not resting their pg's more, getting Bibby more involved, which may have resulted in those late crucial to's that GT and JM had.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

If they win 10 games it's not luck and if they win 15 games it won't be luck. In fact, if COA can get to 15 wins this year then they should keep him.

Being critical of COA isn't being biased, it's opening your eyes and seeing his record over his first 2+ years and looking at this team play.

COA has been a disaster. 

Being critical points out both the positives and negatives of a situation and analyzing them to prove a point. You are only pointing out the bad parts of their games and ignoring all positives. There are plenty of positives and negatives to look at for the South Carolina game, and there is definite improvement from past seasons.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

So a conference championship isn't the measure?

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

The negatives far outweigh the positives, and spending any time discussing insignificant positives that don't impacts wins and losses, or compliance is a waste of time.

But when we win you still point out the negatives even though they didn't lead to a loss

3 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

The negatives far outweigh the positives, and spending any time discussing insignificant positives that don't impacts wins and losses, or compliance is a waste of time.

49 minutes ago, Viking_Bull said:

But when we win you still point out the negatives even though they didn't lead to a loss

You're still relatively new here ..... This is just how some posters roll. You'll get kind of used to it after a while.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Geez, you would think with as few wins as we've had I'd be able recall the rarity of that happening.  I guess I can't claim large sample size on that one.

If I point out anything from a win it's usually things that are glaring opportunities for improvement like turnovers, shot selection, etc. So while the Bulls may be able to overcome those in the occasional win, it's usually not a recipe for success and will need to be improved upon if we are going to see more wins than losses under COA.

We have more wins than losses so far this year...

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

First game this year. Thanks Swamprat for the tickets. Two things that stuck out to me. First, passing - Seems to be really slow. Second, lay-ups - we need to spend more time on the most basic of basketball plays. May Coach Fernandez could go over and work with the men on that...

5 hours ago, BDYZR said:

First, passing - Seems to be really slow

Made to look even worse by the passing of USCe ...

23 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

If that's where we wind up at the end of the year then COA should stay. But if you watch or go to the games you'll see that this team has a lot of weaknesses (e.g. shot selection) that will get exposed once we face tougher competition in conference play.

Once you look under the hood you'll realize the 5-4 record likely won't translate over conference play. 

This team definitely has plenty of weaknesses, I don't think anyone will argue that, but they have been showing signs of improvement recently that are being overshadowed by inconsistency.