• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FSU on FAMU: "Nothing to Gain From It"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

silly

what kind of coach is billy joe?

i never heard of such garbage

thankgod other schools don't think like that

like usc/ucla

I can't imagine why a struggling FAMU program didn't go out and hire Pete Carroll at $2M per year... they obviously don't want to win.   ::)

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Smazz just lives in LA, they have a different reality than the rest of the planet

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

Mark Twain

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

silly

what kind of coach is billy joe?

i never heard of such garbage

thankgod other schools don't think like that

like usc/ucla

The distance between USC, and UCLA has enough population to contain 5 Tallahassee's.  A small city, and both coaches are right, the Universities share so much common ground it would almost be demoralizing for FAMU to play FSU.  FSU even helps FAMU recruit and vice versa, it wouldn't be prudent to wreck those lines.  The was one of the reasons I also felt it was good FAMU stay at 1-AA instead of jumping to 1-A.   That would also muddy the lines, and suddenly, even if they're not playing on the field, the schools would be competing against one another.  You wonder why some schools hate the idea of 1-AA.  Five years ago FL had six 1-AA's either playing or coming on-line- BCC, FAMU, Jacksonville, FIU, FAU, and USF.  Now there's only BCC, FAMU and Jax (which doesn't offer schollies).  Conversely Texas has like 12 1-AA's, Cali as well, Illinois has six, and VA has eight.  A nice niche could have been filled, and if you ask me FIU should have stayed down versus trying to compete for a very slim recruiting margin against FAU in a league that's worlds below C-USA much less The Big East.