• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mr. Brent Schaeffer

Guest Harvey Jones

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

Thursday, 04/28/05

Tech not recruiting Schaeffer yet

By MIKE ORGAN

Staff Writer

Tennessee Tech Coach Mike Hennigan said yesterday that he was unaware of anyone from his staff inquiring about the possibility of recruiting former University of Tennessee quarterback Brent Schaeffer.

There were two radio reports Tuesday, one on WLAC-AM 1510's PrimeTime Sports, saying Tennessee Tech was one of three schools that had asked UT officials for permission to contact Schaeffer. The other two schools were Kansas and Pitt.

''That's not something I am aware of,'' Hennigan said. ''Some of my assistants may have called to ask about his status to see if that is something we might want to do, but we are not officially recruiting him at this point.''

http://www.tennessean.com/sports/college/archives/05/03/68798003.shtml?Element_ID=68798003

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I wonder if the report that 3 schools have asked permission to speak with him is true, and if we are 1 of the 3...

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

at 4am my ho was always in my bed next to me

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

this shaeffer guy is still a topic

let it go

he is damaged goods

getting in a fight a 4am isn't noble

it is noble to walk away and be in bed with your girl at 4am

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

this shaeffer guy is still a topic

let it go

he is damaged goods

getting in a fight a 4am isn't noble

it is noble to walk away and be in bed with your girl at 4am

I am surprised to hear you want to stop this open conversation about a potential transfer to USF. Losing out to Tennessee (or UF/FSU) in a recruiting battle gets treated like some sort of disrespect  by the recruit here-- and that seems more than a little weak on our part. It's a tough decision figuring out where you will go to school. Sure-- it would have been a great opportunity for him at USF from the get go-- and he did give us a good look-- but we would be pretty silly to believe playing in front 100K fans versus 25-30-35K is even a close call for some people. These kids take a shot at the established big time and get treated like they screwed USF out of something-- I don't get that line of thinking (and to be fair-- this isn't just directed at Mr. Mazza).

But of all people I would think this topic would be of interest to you Steve-- not something to simply "let it go".

And calling your girlfriend a "ho" makes you sound like a thug ;)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

I agree.  

I am always intrigued by the thinking here that "Oh, you didn't chose CUSA Also-Ran USF over Florida State (Nat'l Champion) and Tennessee (Nat'l Champion)? Well...young man, we certainly don't want someone with your talent hogging a space on our Banks-Julmiste-Fisher laden roster! "

It is a very niave position to think that playing for a school which - at best - could get an invite to the obscuresponsor.com bowl  - compared to a national championship are the same thing.

And from the athletes perspective, it comes down to playing time. Don't you think that CJL and staff do the same thing? Why do you think we recruited multiple high-profile QBs? And if you talk to each one, you'll see that each one figures to be 'da man' come game day. Now, when that don't pan out...do you ride the pine, or drop down to some place where you do get some playing time and can put together a highlight reel?

What's Kraky's phone number...I was gonna give him a call... 8)

Bottom Line: Schaeffer would be an asset to the program.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

I agree.  

I am always intrigued by the thinking here that "Oh, you didn't chose CUSA Also-Ran USF over Florida State (Nat'l Champion) and Tennessee (Nat'l Champion)? Well...young man, we certainly don't want someone with your talent hogging a space on our Banks-Julmiste-Fisher laden roster! "

It is a very niave position to think that playing for a school which - at best - could get an invite to the obscuresponsor.com bowl  - compared to a national championship are the same thing.

And from the athletes perspective, it comes down to playing time. Don't you think that CJL and staff do the same thing? Why do you think we recruited multiple high-profile QBs? And if you talk to each one, you'll see that each one figures to be 'da man' come game day. Now, when that don't pan out...do you ride the pine, or drop down to some place where you do get some playing time and can put together a highlight reel?

What's Kraky's phone number...I was gonna give him a call... 8)

Bottom Line: Schaeffer would be an asset to the program.

Cooler head type post if I do say so myself.  BTW forget the Kraky call.  It's not worth the effort.

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Figured I should bump this thread up before Harvey starts another one on Schaeffer. :)

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266

if another thread gets started on this kid, it better say Brent Schaeffer has chosen ....