• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lee Roy Selmon - 5 Years - 9/4/11

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Its hard to believe that LRS has been gone for 5 years tomorrow (9/4/11).  I still remember hearing the news while attending the alumni event at ND.  I'm thankful to have met him numerous times and each time he made me feel like I was the only person in the world.  A great listener and he understood the value of relationships. I'm convinced he had a hand in the victory over ND.

God Bless LRS. 

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Wow, time does fly. Great man, all of USF misses him dearly.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

6 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

I'm thankful to have met him numerous times and each time he made me feel like I was the only person in the world.  A great listener and he understood the value of relationships.

I am fortunate enough to be able to say the same thing.  He was a great man.  Miss him.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

There was a tribute banner on the corner screens for LRS tonight at the game.  A simple "Selmon 63" on green background.  He was someone who, after meeting with him, made you want to go out and be a better person.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

People confuse the early success of the program, on the field, with what LRS did.  The early W/L success was the work of Jim Leavitt.

But, what LRS did was fantastic.  Greater than success on the field.  He was such a special person, winning or losing 9-10 games wasn't what he was about.  He helped build a school (in football, athletic and academic terms) and a program. 

He was our ethical guard rails, if not north star.  He tried to keep us pure.  He was a good man.  I've said it before.  When my time here is done, that's what I would love to hear.  I was a good man.

A "Selmon 63" on the corner screens would be enough for Lee Roy, but is not reflective of what we owe the man. 

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

He was universally described as a class individual in almost any account I have ever known of him.  Not long ago I was looking at photos and saw one of him and his son.  It made me smile that such a gentle and gracious man was involved with USF, not only in his own capacity, but generationally with his son playing ball for the Bulls.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

To think that he was only 56 years old at the time of his death is unfathomable.  As I march closer everyday to 56 I can assure you it was a life taken way to early.

Go Bulls!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

GOD Bless LRS.

My appreciation of the man increased after attending his speech when he was inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame. Then with USF.

Wish I knew him better.