• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Orlando Sentinel: Bleak look at UCF hoops fandom

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

How many students are going to live 200 feet away from the current and new Arenas when those 4 dorms are all done?  That has got to help.

Hopefully UCF won't make it those dorms for honor students.  Those geeks would choose a LAN party over watching us play Duke.

Believe 49% of those Dorm Rooms by the Athletic Complex will be for Athletes.

NCAA rule I believe states that schools can't have athletic dorms anymore (they were the rage in the 80's), so the max the athletes can take up is 49% of the rooms.

KL

Guest S.  Bien

Hey Knight LIght, now that you know our attendance was actually 4,072 for the spring game, read the link and bold text below for reference, would you mind spreading the good word since you were so prolific in mentioning it across the internet when greg auman thought we only had 1,500 in the stands.  

Actual spring attendance: 4,072

« on: Today at 1:26pm »  Quote  Modify  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey. mea culpa here. i checked with Tampa Sports Authority today to get an actual attendance for Saturday's spring game at RayJay -- the real number of tickets taken at the game -- and it's actually higher than the 3,800 announced as the attendance.

that makes it more than double last year's actual attendance. again, it really didn't look like that when we tried to get a feel for the crowd from the press box, but guy i talked to said there was a steady crawl of people coming in well after kickoff. anyway, i'll have something on this in wednesday's weekly notes, but wanted to post something here since the attendance or perceived lackthereof has been a big topic of debate since saturday.

greg

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1113845187

TSA just called me back, and they had forgotten to include recruits and other extras in the total, so it's actually a crowd of 4,241 now ...  

greg

Just thought you would extend some common courtesy since I can't expect the same from guys like STK, or C-Aid.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

Once UCF updates their basketball facility, the Magic leave town, and the schedule has better competition and recognizable names things will get a little better.  But as previously mentioned college hoops in Orlando is a tough sell, hell any basketball in Orlando is a tough sell, especially in a community that doesn't support it, the Magic are a prime example.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Days Won:  2

Hey Knight LIght, now that you know our attendance was actually 4,072 for the spring game, read the link and bold text below for reference, would you mind spreading the good word since you were so prolific in mentioning it across the internet when greg auman thought we only had 1,500 in the stands.  

Actual spring attendance: 4,072

« on: Today at 1:26pm »  Quote  Modify  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey. mea culpa here. i checked with Tampa Sports Authority today to get an actual attendance for Saturday's spring game at RayJay -- the real number of tickets taken at the game -- and it's actually higher than the 3,800 announced as the attendance.

that makes it more than double last year's actual attendance. again, it really didn't look like that when we tried to get a feel for the crowd from the press box, but guy i talked to said there was a steady crawl of people coming in well after kickoff. anyway, i'll have something on this in wednesday's weekly notes, but wanted to post something here since the attendance or perceived lackthereof has been a big topic of debate since saturday.

greg

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1113845187

TSA just called me back, and they had forgotten to include recruits and other extras in the total, so it's actually a crowd of 4,241 now ...  

greg

Just thought you would extend some common courtesy since I can't expect the same from guys like STK, or C-Aid.

Hear that....the sound of cricketts chirping.  I guess Bien's request has made KL rush to the other sites to correct his posts....Just don't hold your breath ::goodbye::

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  43

Does this really matter?   I think most question numbers if you inflate for everything else.   I don't see the purpose of inflating spring game attendance, so I wouldn't doubt you had 3,000.  

Do you guys charge money for the spring game?   UCF had a spring game a few years back, but it was open to the public.  

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

How many students are going to live 200 feet away from the current and new Arenas when those 4 dorms are all done?  That has got to help.

Hopefully UCF won't make it those dorms for honor students.  Those geeks would choose a LAN party over watching us play Duke.

Duke agreed to come play in "The Garage"? Is this a charity of community service project by Duke University?

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

Moron.  He was talking about in the new place, which definitely looks like no garage.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

they aren't drawing anymore people this year

ftu/ou/oc  can't compete with the big four

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

The big four?  Is that half of the old Big 8?  Part of the Big Ten or Big XII?  You couldn't be talking about the state of Florida.  There are only 3 big schools and 4 I-A wannabees.