• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart on The Bone radio

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

2 minutes ago, HR Bull said:

Isn't Drew a UCIF alumni? He's still doing his part to put us in a good light as a member of the local media. JK didn't even tweet that Coach Taggart was going to be on the air. I hope that he's taking notes. 

Yes Drew is a UCiFer.  Speaks volumes about the other local guys 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

That's crazy I didn't know that about Drew. His show generally talks positively of USF if it comes up (not that it does often, but the times I've noticed. Justin Pawlowski (The Commish) does, too. I miss the old 98.7 The Fan. Booger and Rich was one of my favorite combos.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

Pretty short interview - not a whole lot to report.  This show was very complimentary and respectful toward CWT and the program.  Good words about USF and the football games after he went off the air.  

He had CWT on a few times last year, before Temple and I believe before Cincinnati.

1 hour ago, HR Bull said:

Isn't Drew a UCIF alumni? He's still doing his part to put us in a good light as a member of the local media. JK didn't even tweet that Coach Taggart was going to be on the air. I hope that he's taking notes. 

1 hour ago, Ionbull said:

That's crazy I didn't know that about Drew. His show generally talks positively of USF if it comes up (not that it does often, but the times I've noticed. Justin Pawlowski (The Commish) does, too. I miss the old 98.7 The Fan. Booger and Rich was one of my favorite combos.

From what I've seen of him at least, DG is extremely supportive of the local sports scene. At the very least I know he's been a big supporter of the Lightning the last few years, and was definitely supportive/complimentary of CWT and the football team last year.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Drew likes Taggart a lot.  Has a positive attitude about college athletics in Tampa.  Pretty refreshing compared to the rest of Tampa knuckledragging media heads.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

Drew's had him on a time or two before. He's been really respectful. The interviews are never anything insightful and just gives CWT the opportunity to recycle some lines, but I love that he's one of the few radio guys that has CWT on and gives us some exposure.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  97
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, HR Bull said:

Drew went to UCF but dropped out and became a waiter, or so he has said on his show in the past. Worked in restaurants for awhile before being hired overnights in Orlando. Then when he was fired, he worked for the Magic before being hired in Tampa.

The rest, as they say, is history. He puts on a good show.

• Downvote 1