• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any news on hiring Darren Hiller?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

Looks like his role is now Assistant Head Coach/Tight Ends Coach, but will still have input in offensive game planning. From what I understand the titles are mainly a way to get coaches pay raises and such so who knows exactly how the roles will play out in game planning and on the sidelines. Taggert still calling plays. 

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

2016 USF Coaching Staff

Willie Taggart                                                                                                 Head Coach

David Reaves                                                   Associate Head Coach/Tight Ends Coach

Raymond Woodie                                                       Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers

Darren Hiller                                  Co-Offensive Coordinator/Run Game - Offensive Line

T.J. Weist                        Co-Offensive Coordinator/Pass Game - Wide Receivers Coach

Alonzo Hampton                                                                           Defensive Backs Coach

Shaun King                                                                                        Quarterbacks Coach

John Jancek                                                                                               Safeties Coach

Eric Mathies                                                                                     Defensive Line Coach

Donte Pimpleton                                                                              Running Backs Coach

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

The more I read about Hiller the more I like the hire. He did a good job at UC and was only let go because the OC Eddie Gran was hired away by Kentucky. The new OC brought in his own guy from Auburn. UC's line has been ranked pretty good both nationally and in the AAC all three years he was there.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

Dayum, not sure I would have recognized King ... Hiller & King Joing FB Coaching Staff

Is that the guy that ate King? Holy moly he is huge now. I almost thought we hired Warren Sapp by the look of that picture.

Edited by HR Bull