• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF WBB vs Houston

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

Good game so far, USF is up 54-31 with a minute left in the third. Laksa has 24 points and Courtney has 12 points and 11 rebounds.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

Nice!

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I'm starting to think they needed that Memphis loss. They've been much closer to their potential since.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

5 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

Great....UCF and Houston are NCAA Div 1 bottom feeders!

uh huh, and we stomped them instead of playing them close. So what's your point?

1 minute ago, raptorcj said:

uh huh, and we stomped them instead of playing them close. So what's your point?

He's saying that we are crushing teams we shou be crushing and would be crushing even if we played average or even poorly. Until we do this against mid to upper teams in our conference we can't say that we are playing any better than before.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Coach said that without Jenkins, Memphis exposed a weakness in our defense. Only the second time this year that we were out rebounded, the other was Baylor.

Jenkins will be out AT LEAST two weeks...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

3 hours ago, raptorcj said:

I'm starting to think they needed that Memphis loss. They've been much closer to their potential since.

52 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

Great....UCF and Houston are NCAA Div 1 bottom feeders!

45 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

42 minutes ago, Bulls_Fan09 said:

He's saying that we are crushing teams we shou be crushing and would be crushing even if we played average or even poorly. Until we do this against mid to upper teams in our conference we can't say that we are playing any better than before.

No he's not. UConn's probably the only program that can play average or even poorly and still beat teams by 30 on a regular basis. The blowout wins since Memphis are definitely the team playing closer to, if not at their potential.

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

No he's not. UConn's probably the only program that can play average or even poorly and still beat teams by 30 on a regular basis. The blowout wins since Memphis are definitely the team playing closer to, if not at their potential.

Uconn can play a bad game and beat these teams by 60. While it is really good to see us win by these amounts, we will need to do so against better opponents to really say we have "turned a corner". Obviously it hurts not having Jenkins and I still think this team could make the elite 8 with her, they need to prove it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

9 minutes ago, Bulls_Fan09 said:

Uconn can play a bad game and beat these teams by 60. While it is really good to see us win by these amounts, we will need to do so against better opponents to really say we have "turned a corner". Obviously it hurts not having Jenkins and I still think this team could make the elite 8 with her, they need to prove it.

UConn beat UCF by 55, scoring 106 points .... I'd hardly call going over the century mark a "bad game" no matter how you slice it. UConn beat UH by 39 scoring "only" 76 so there's your "bad game" and they didn't win by 60. Us beating those two teams by an average of 30 plus, WITHOUT Jenkins, I think more than qualifies them for having played close to to their potential since the Memphis loss  .... and that's all that this was about.

40 minutes ago, Triple B said:

UConn beat UCF by 55, scoring 106 points .... I'd hardly call going over the century mark a "bad game" no matter how you slice it. UConn beat UH by 39 scoring "only" 76 so there's your "bad game" and they didn't win by 60. Us beating those two teams by an average of 30 plus, WITHOUT Jenkins, I think more than qualifies them for having played close to to their potential since the Memphis loss  .... and that's all that this was about.

I agree, but it is easy to play well against bad teams, I just want to see them play like this against good teams especially on the road. Louisville will really be a telling game for us. I probably should have worded that better, but it's hard to judge a team's performance when they aren't playing good teams.