• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

no what I'm saying is that the QB you are slobbering over had the same rating on your beloved QBR last year that Flowers has through 4 games this year and that Flowers is 2 years younger.

WAIT, which QB am I now being accused of having a man crush on? 

Just want to have things straight when I assume the role :D 

Edited by Bull-Hornz

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

We saw what happened when Daniels left or went down with injury. When he played we had no problem scoring. We just couldn't stop anyone. I wasn't on the boards then, but anyone that was calling for him to be benched must've been lost.

trust me he and his crew were lost and if they were publicly insulting a college Qb to the extent that they were just for fun then I think even less of them.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

The question posed at the start of the thread is Flowers truly a good running QB?  Not saying that he cannot become as good an overall QB as the SMU kid has started to develop into.  The SMU QB is also being used in a system better suited to his abilities this year, rather than being thrown into the run and shoot system under the previous coach.  Funny how adapting a system to what the player is good at makes a difference in performance. 

We just have not really seen much play making ability out of Flowers as we have in a lot of other offenses that feature running QBs.  This brings me to my next point/question.  As strictly a downfield passer, in his limited appearances, Bench seems to be a better passer (let's not judge him on one 4th quarter drive where he is being pounded into the ground after every throw in desperation time.  From what we have seen it looks like he hits the mid range passes more crisply, but really both QBs attempts have been limited so we don't know).  If we refuse to use a running QB as a running QB and play to his strengths how do we actually judge him?  On his ability to hand off?  He has looked horrible in read option reads.  If Taggart is afraid to let him throw the ball and keep a more balanced attack, in my opinion that hurts the run game and he therefore becomes a liability to the offense.  

If he is a playmaker, then let him make plays either with his feet or by throwing the ball.  At least a little, during the game when it counts.  Not when we are 3 TDs behind.  the only comments i have heard Taggart make about his running ability is when he said "your feet are your friends".  In other words, if you don't have an open receiver pull it down quickly and run. How about acting like a QB and look downfield rather than just be a QB.   

I put all of this on Taggart either being afraid to let him play or not truly having the best QB (not athlete, QB) playing.  If the kid is truly a playmaker, let him make some plays and try to win a game for us.  Otherwise we are just running plays for the sake of running plays.  Let's try to play to win a game for once.

:iamwithstupid:

(j/k bc many people disagree with this opinion which is very similar to mine and about 50% of the board)

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

sure it was all just for fun.....

you constantly bashed BJ daniels, said he was a glorified running back, and wanted Floyd to start over him because he was  "real" QB.....

again how did that work out for you?

I guess when I mentioned that some here really take blog opinions personally, you appear to fall into that category?  Sorry if your icon B.J. Daniels was "bashed" (as you described) during some old blog sports commentary, but it all worked out for him fairly well since he's now playing his more natural position in the NFL.  

Yes, you are right that Matt Floyd was not much of a QB when replacing Daniels, but with a combined 3-9 record in 2012, was there any real significant difference b/t QBs w/r/t the season's results?

Lastly, during 2011 and 2012, some stated that their concern was that Daniels was so entrenched as the starting QB, that Leavitt and then Holtz could not sign a legit QB recruit. That of course was speculation, as who knows what transpired with those coaches and their attempts to procure a solid QB recruit.

Edited by SoTampaBull

I guess when I mentioned that some here really take blog opinions personally, you appear to fall into that category?  Sorry if your icon B.J. Daniels was "bashed" (as you described) during some old blog sports commentary, but it all worked out for him fairly well since he's now playing his more natural position in the NFL.  

Yes, you are right that Matt Floyd was not much of a QB when replacing Daniels, but with a combined 3-9 record in 2012, was there any real significant difference b/t QBs w/r/t the season's results?

Lastly, during 2011 and 2012, some stated that their concern was that Daniels was so entrenched as the starting QB, that Leavitt and then Holtz could not sign a legit QB recruit. That of course was speculation, as who knows what transpired with those coaches and their attempts to procure a solid QB recruit.

honestly why would I take it personally? you didn't attack me although your group was pretty terrible to O'Neal. Amazing that any of you thought it was o.k. to treat a person like that. I thought your bunch was ignorant at best and juvenile at worst. it's pretty sad that you felt you needed to attack a college kid publicly to get your jollies although I still think you really thought Floyd would be a better QB. you just feel the need to cover up how stupid you look in hindsight.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  256

Matt Floyd is maybe the worst human being alive at playing QB. I assume he wore depends undergarments the way he would absolutely **** himself any time he was asked to be under center. I don't think I could have been more rattled to play QB, and I'd be horrified about 11 highly tuned athletes waiting to wreck my **** on the opposing team.

My opinion of QF was formed the first time I saw his hitchy throwing motion- he's not a college QB. I watched him flutter some knuckleballs that barely got 10 yards to who I assume was Alex Mut (because that's his role on the team) So I believe Taggart is doing everything he can (which granted, isn't much) to get him some completions, but the guy can't stand in the pocket and deliver a pass, and that's on him, not Tags or anyone else. 

Again, I hope he's still on the team next season, but if he believes he's a QB and won't accept what any coach worth his salt would tell QF (that he's going to have to play another position) then let him follow Willie to Western Sam Alcorn Cookman A&M 

Edited by cambodia36
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  131

honestly why would I take it personally? you didn't attack me although your group was pretty terrible to O'Neal. Amazing that any of you thought it was o.k. to treat a person like that. I thought your bunch was ignorant at best and juvenile at worst. it's pretty sad that you felt you needed to attack a college kid publicly to get your jollies although I still think you really thought Floyd would be a better QB. you just feel the need to cover up how stupid you look in hindsight.

Again, if Steve felt that he was being abused, then why did some of my "bunch" hang out with Steve at tailgates? I think that you are taking what occurred much more serious than what it was. Now, I'm sure that it most certainly appeared that way (abuse) to anyone on the outside, but again, it was much more show and blog shtick than anything else.  Believe what you want, but that's the truth.  I miss Steve and think about him often, and all of us in my "bunch" who still communicate miss Steve a lot.  I'm also the guy who organized last year's Steve O'Neal Memorial Tailgate, and I coordinated that with his family - whom I meet several times while tailgating with them.  If they thought that we were overboard disrespectful to Steve, then I doubt that they would have associated themselves with us. 

We would drink beer and share blog combat stories at the tailgates and really have big laughs.  So I think that you are being overly sensitive to what was occurring, although, I can see how you would come to that conclusion while not knowing us.  As for Daniels, yes, I agree that some of the comments posted were less than flattering to him, but look at what's being discussed on this site currently w/r/t Flowers. There are many people with opinions about certain limitations that come with him (Flowers) at QB.  I frankly don't see much difference now than what went on re: Daniels' time at QB.

Edited by SoTampaBull

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,430
  • Days Won:  19

I don't understand the height issue...

QF is 6'0! taller than BJ Daniels...

(taller than half of the Seahawks QBs , now that I think about it)

Again, if Steve felt that he was being abused, then why did some of my "bunch" hang out with Steve at tailgates? I think that you are taking what occurred much more serious than what it was. Now, I'm sure that it most certainly appeared that way (abuse) to anyone on the outside, but again, it was much more show and blog shtick than anything else.  Believe what you want, but that's the truth.  I miss Steve and think about him often, and all of us in my "bunch" who still communicate miss Steve a lot.  I'm also the guy who organized last year's Steve O'Neal Memorial Tailgate, and I coordinated that with his family - whom I meet several times while tailgating with them.  If they thought that we were overboard disrespectful to Steve, then I doubt that they would have associated themselves with us. 

We would drink beer and share blog combat stories at the tailgates and really have big laughs.  So I think that you are being overly sensitive to what was occurring, although, I can see how you would come to that conclusion while not knowing us.  As for Daniels, yes, I agree that some of the comments posted were less than flattering to him, but look at what's being discussed on this site currently w/r/t Flowers. There are many people with opinions about certain limitations that come with him (Flowers) at QB.  I frankly don't see much difference now than what went on re: Daniels' time at QB.

there were certain members of your group that went further than criticizing Daniels play. they attacked his character. The Rueb was tops. he was awful.of course you just played along. yuck yuck..... You must have a warped sense of humor if you thought what you were doing was funny.I tailgated with Steve several times in Lot 6B. we parked next to each other for years. we always got a laugh about how much he could stuff into his wife's jaguar. he told me about Auman's blog and it wasn't the insightful witty banter that he talked about. it was the delusional dopes that constantly ripped BJ Daniels.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I don't understand the height issue...

QF is 6'0! taller than BJ Daniels...

(taller than half of the Seahawks QBs , now that I think about it)

As has also been covered by those who went to practices, QF is 5'10" at best.