• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF-Maryland...is still an incredible deal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

I decided to check out of curiosity how prices are looking right now. 

For tickets-Stubhub is selling them for 3.25. And scrolling down the chart, you can still get tickets for 6 USD in section 304 and many other parts of the stadium. Methinks it's probably due to the Michigan effect (they bought up piles of tickets and they're offloading the ones they don't want). 

Flights-you'd think this would be expensive, and for some perhaps it is. Right now Southwest is selling a direct flight into DCA tomorrow for 271 round trip, come back early the next day. It arrives at 11 AM, and you'll have to hurdle DC metro, but you won't need to go through DC traffic-get on the metro at DCA, get off at College Park on the Green line, and take the bus to Byrd Stadium. 

Hotels-you can get a hotel in Maryland for 60 or so if you're willing to accept a cheap, functional room. Or if you're young and you want to enjoy DC nightlife....go for it! Don't book a hotel! You're on a one day trip anyway, so there's no need to pack a suitcase, just take a backpack or duffel with a change of clothes. You're gone at 6 the next morning and you have Sunday to sleep at home. Enjoy the city, enjoy the food, etc.

So let's do a rough estimate, assuming you go cheap on everything. 

game Tickets: 6 

Airplane: 271

Hotel: 60

Total: 337. Or 277 if you decide to stay out the entire night and just get on the plane in the morning. 

I don't think you could expect any other road trip that could be so cheap to watch USF football for one day and get to see our nation's capital in the daytime and at night. 

Look forward to seeing who wants to take advantage of this deal! 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

If wife and kids were going away for the weekend, I'd probably do it, but alas ... not meant to be.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

For tickets-Stubhub is selling them for 3.25. And scrolling down the chart, you can still get tickets for 6 USD in section 304 and many other parts of the stadium. Methinks it's probably due to the Michigan effect (they bought up piles of tickets and they're offloading the ones they don't want). 

Flights-you'd think this would be expensive, and for some perhaps it is. Right now Southwest is selling a direct flight into DCA tomorrow for 271 round trip, come back early the next day. It arrives at 11 AM, and you'll have to hurdle DC metro, but you won't need to go through DC traffic-get on the metro at DCA, get off at College Park on the Green line, and take the bus to Byrd Stadium. 

Hotels-you can get a hotel in Maryland for 60 or so if you're willing to accept a cheap, functional room. Or if you're young and you want to enjoy DC nightlife....go for it! Don't book a hotel! You're on a one day trip anyway, so there's no need to pack a suitcase, just take a backpack or duffel with a change of clothes. You're gone at 6 the next morning and you have Sunday to sleep at home. Enjoy the city, enjoy the food, etc.

Total: 337. Or 277 if you decide to stay out the entire night and just get on the plane in the morning. 

I don't think you could expect any other road trip that could be so cheap to watch USF football for one day and get to see our nation's capital in the daytime and at night. 

That almost and I mean almost had me convinced I needed to leave work and get packed!

If only I hasn't a parent lol

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

For tickets-Stubhub is selling them for 3.25. 

Hell, they have 50 yard line seats for 10-15. Not far up either.

Can't seem to find that flight

It's a morning flight tomorrow. i checked it again on the list. it's the 2nd one from the top.  You going?

That almost and I mean almost had me convinced I needed to leave work and get packed!

If only I hasn't a parent lol

lol you don't need to leave work-you can pack tonight.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591

Can't seem to find that flight

It's a morning flight tomorrow. i checked it again on the list. it's the 2nd one from the top.  You going?

Thinking about it, driving to Jax sunday for the Phins game, though.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213

At a $60 hotel in suburban dc, you will be offered drugs and sex in the parking lot.

People need to budget more to get a better hotel.

Edited by Carolina_Bull

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

At a $60 hotel in suburban dc, you will be offered drugs and sex in the parking lot.

People need to budget more to get a better hotel.

What do you mean? I don't get those amenities at a higher priced hotel!