• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FSU vs. USF 15 minute Cut Up

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

Hey guys,

FSU fan here - I thought you'd appreciate the 15 minute game cut up our guy Mandarinole does over on his YouTube channel.  We've been spoiled by what he does over the last 3 or 4 seasons.  No doubt in my mind that you guys can have a successful season after seeing what happened Saturday, was having flashbacks of '09 for a bit there.  Enjoy and best of luck.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I watched most of that and a few things stand out:

Dillon really played that pick in the back corner of the endzone really poorly

There were several routes in the middle of the field on pass plays.  Maybe Flowers just can't see them due to his height.

Fullwood simply cannot or will not tackle.  He had missed or poor attempts at tackling at 2:50, 5:01, 7:46, 7:58, 9:13, and 9:51 (I stopped watching at this point).  Everyone else seems to be flying at the ball carrier except him.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Cool, appreciate it fjordski!

Apis, CWT was all over Dillon when he got to the sideline after that t/o. He's big but still young, I'm confident if that play were run again, his approach would be 1000% different. I'm sure Allen will give Tajee an earful too, he's too much of an athletic weapon to have under-producing.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Lots of awesome plays from our secondary in pass protection I didn't notice before, aside from Dalvin Cook assaulting us as time went on.  Nate Godwin has got to learn how to tackle from behind without going to the collar.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Lots of awesome plays from our secondary in pass protection I didn't notice before, aside from Dalvin Cook assaulting us as time went on.  Nate Godwin has got to learn how to tackle from behind without going to the collar.

He did let go, before he pulled him down.  That's why it wasn't called.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

Thanks for posting. Pretty crazy to think that there was only 16 minutes worth of plays in a 3+ hour game. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

1. 0:00 - 9 FSU defenders within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage
  2. 0:03 - 10 FSU defenders within 6 yards of the LOS
  3. 0:09 - 9 FSU defenders within 5 yards of the LOS
  4. 0:30 - 9 FSU defenders within 4 yards of the LOS
  5. 0:41 - 9 FSU defenders within 4 yards of the LOS
  6. 1:12 - 9 FSU defenders within 5 yards of the LOS
  7. 1:32 - 9 FSU defenders within 5 yards of LOS
  8. 2:07 - 9 FSU defenders within 5 yards of LOS
  9. 2:16 - 9 FSU defenders within 5 yards of LOS
  10. 2:20 - 10 FSU defenders within 5 yards of LOS
  11. 3:56 - 9 FSU defenders within 6 yards of LOS
  12. 4:01 - 10 FSU defenders within 6 yards of LOS

I'll stop there. It was like that all game. And countless more where 9-10 were within 7-8 yards, all different downs, all different distances. I am actually surprised that we were able to move the ball as much as we did (Not that we really moved it that well, take away our long passing TD in the 2nd half and we only had 200 yards of total offense) with this being the case.

You've gotta throw the ball down the field 10, 15, 20+ yards and back the safeties/corners up a little bit so that your run game and intermediate passing has a chance. If Taggart doesn't trust Flowers or believe he's incapable of doing this then Bench needs to play. In no way would I expect us to out athlete or outplay FSU @ FSU, but that's just one of those play call/coaching things that I can't understand. Not saying throw the ball downfield constantly, but you have to attempt passes downfield more than 4 times in the first half. When you're throwing swing passes with 10 guys up against the LOS you're not exactly giving anyone a chance. 

Not saying had we done this it would've been a different story at the end of the game, but feel like it would've given our offense a better chance to put a few drives together. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

^ Yeah, they knew our strength and our game plan. It's because we were able to move the ball that we stuck with that game plan, but I'm with you on wishing we would have kept them honest and at least tried more of a second dimension beyond a few catch-them-off-guard tries that would have been game-changers had the play worked as designed (ie, pass on the mark).

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,355
  • Days Won:  5

fjordski, Thanks man that was really really cool of you to do. Appreciate that. It was a hard fought game and well, your running game is really good. I was in end zone near the field on USF side and didn't get to see it from the TV perspective.