• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF returns 9000 tickets to FSU

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

I was under the impression that the only way to buy tickets from USF for the FSU game was if you were a season ticket holder. When I called, they told me to go through the FSU ticket website.

Season ticket members were not the only group able to purchase away game tickets. All Bulls Club members at the Herd ($100) level or above also have the ability to purchase the away game tickets.

So USF told regular old paying customers, "No, thank you" when they asked to buy tickets to this game?
yep, but my understanding is that USF had nothing to gain by selling the tickets. The revenue went to FSU. That being said if we make a bowl game and we are on the hook for tickets I am sure USF will be begging us to buy tickets. Terrible policy.

LOL ... Will you please stop. We all know you wouldn't buy through USF as long as you can get them cheaper anywhere else. Your participation in this conversation has been amusing, though.

I actually called because I wanted to be in the USF Section. As I have for numerous other USF away games. Bought Auburn, UCF, NCSU, and UNC through USF.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

I was under the impression that the only way to buy tickets from USF for the FSU game was if you were a season ticket holder. When I called, they told me to go through the FSU ticket website.

Season ticket members were not the only group able to purchase away game tickets. All Bulls Club members at the Herd ($100) level or above also have the ability to purchase the away game tickets.

So USF told regular old paying customers, "No, thank you" when they asked to buy tickets to this game?

I didn't receive many calls from non Season Ticket and Bulls Club members regarding the FSU game and those who did call were directed on how they could be by our block of seats. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

So how much money did we lose?

Approx 9000 x $50 = $450,000 + ?

If we sold the tickets we would have kept the money??

Don't you? Isn't that why they're part of the contract?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/football/2015/09/08/usf-returns-nearly-tickets-saturdays-fsu-game/71901562/

Not on tickets

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I know it's not your decision John... but that's bad policy considering the state of the program.

Not on tickets

That helps. Thanks.

I know it's not your decision John... but that's bad policy considering the state of the program.

I understand the frustration with the policy.

We offer the benefit of selling away game tickets to our Season Ticket Members and/or Bulls Club Donors. 

Yes, this needs to be changed.