• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

West Siiiiiiiiiiiiide n00b - Parking suggestions??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

Since Day 1 (and by Day 1, I mean Kentucky Wesleyan in the Old Sombrero) my seats have always been on the East side of the stadium.  For the past 17 years I've been parking in the same lots behind Channel 28.  It was always a straight shot across Himes and into the East Club entrance.  Easy In - Easy Out.

This season we've migrated over to the West Side of the stadium (Sec 210) and I'm just wondering if any of the East Club folks have any parking tips.

It doesn't look like there is anywhere to park that is directly across from the East Club entrance.  HCC is over there, but it looks like there is a fence (and a ditch??) along Dale Mabry that keep you from entering anywhere other than from near Lots 5 and 3.  Is that correct?

Does HCC let folks park in that field / grass up near the fence?  Or is the parking only in the paved lots of the campus?

If I pick up a parking pass, it looks like I would only qualify for 3, 6, or 6D - but I've always avoided the stadium parking in the past because it was always so backed up - and seemed to be extremely slow to get into and out.  Do the parking passes generate actual revenue for USF??  Or does that just go to the Glaziers?

We typically arrive about 20 - 30 mins before kick-off and like I say, the lots behind 28 there's never any waiting..  just zip down Himes and pull in.  Also we're coming from Pinellas, so we'll be coming in from and exiting South of the stadium.

Any tips?

Edited by shibumi

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Sounds like you have a good deal where you were at.... I'd stay there and walk the extra around the stadium.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

Sounds like you have a good deal where you were at.... I'd stay there and walk the extra around the stadium.

And there's always that option....

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

Since Day 1 (and by Day 1, I mean Kentucky Wesleyan in the Old Sombrero) my seats have always been on the East side of the stadium.  For the past 17 years I've been parking in the same lots behind Channel 28.  It was always a straight shot across Himes and into the East Club entrance.  Easy In - Easy Out.

This season we've migrated over to the West Side of the stadium (Sec 210) and I'm just wondering if any of the East Club folks have any parking tips.

It doesn't look like there is anywhere to park that is directly across from the East Club entrance.  HCC is over there, but it looks like there is a fence (and a ditch??) along Dale Mabry that keep you from entering anywhere other than from near Lots 5 and 3.  Is that correct?

Does HCC let folks park in that field / grass up near the fence?  Or is the parking only in the paved lots of the campus?

If I pick up a parking pass, it looks like I would only qualify for 3, 6, or 6D - but I've always avoided the stadium parking in the past because it was always so backed up - and seemed to be extremely slow to get into and out.  Do the parking passes generate actual revenue for USF??  Or does that just go to the Glaziers?

We typically arrive about 20 - 30 mins before kick-off and like I say, the lots behind 28 there's never any waiting..  just zip down Himes and pull in.  Also we're coming from Pinellas, so we'll be coming in from and exiting South of the stadium.

Any tips?

Have been West Side Clubbers for majority of time. Differences with us is that we tailgate, arriving 3 hours before kick off and head North which makes Lot 3 good for us. We parked in 6D before but haven't been over there for a while so don't know how quick it fills up, if it even does these days. Honestly, the only plus of moving from where you are now, if you'll still be arriving that close to kick off, is that the school does keep the money from the parking passes they sell.

Thing to remember also is if you do stay where you are, the other option to get access to West Club would be Gate A or D, escalator and ramp.

This is what we have done for some time... we parked on Ohio and walked around the stadium.  (This year I have a parking pass in Lot 6).

Sometimes I have entered via Gate A and walked "around" inside the stadium instead of outside.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

I was trying to sell this idea to my wife - use the same lot, enter East Club, up escalator, (eat?), down the steps around the North Endzone, then on to 210.  We're close to the rail so it's not like we'll have to hike back up the steps.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Do the parking passes generate actual revenue for USF??  Or does that just go to the Glaziers?

the school does keep the money from the parking passes they sell.

Good to know!  I always wondered about that..  If all else ends up being equal I'd rather just give my $15 to USF anyway.  Thx

I was trying to sell this idea to my wife - use the same lot, enter East Club, up escalator, (eat?), down the steps around the North Endzone, then on to 210. 

One thing you may want to double check with that, just to make sure, is if you can gain access to the East Club with West Club tickets ...

I was trying to sell this idea to my wife - use the same lot, enter East Club, up escalator, (eat?), down the steps around the North Endzone, then on to 210. 

One thing you may want to double check with that, just to make sure, is if you can gain access to the East Club with West Club tickets ...

I've done it...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

Serious question.  There are separate Club entrances?  We've always used the gates.

Serious question.  There are separate Club entrances?  We've always used the gates.

Yes. Midway on each side. Escalator/elevator takes you straight to the Club ...