• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Orlando Sentinel: AAC players who could make an impact in 2017

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

AAC players who could make an impact in 2017

Contact Reporter Orlando Sentinel

Quinton Flowers, USF, QB

Flowers is looking to follow up his successful 2016 season, one in which he set single-season school records for total offense (4,342 yards), rushing yards (1,530) and touchdowns (42) while earning Offensive Player of the Year honors. He’s looking to become the first player to win back-to-back POY honors under first-year coach Charlie Strong and new offensive coordinator Sterlin Gilbert.

Auggie Sanchez, USF, LB

Sanchez has been a two-time all-conference selection during his time at USF including last season when he led the team in tackles (117) while finishing second in sacks (6.0) and tackles for loss (8.5). A native of the Bay Area, Sanchez expects to be a crucial piece of the Bulls defense in 2017 that looks to improve on its last-place finish in the American in total defense in 2016.

Full Story

:GoBulls:  Usually this about the only cat I can stand out of that Slantinel crew, but I don't think he did his homework this time.  He might have gotten a little lazy and not wanting to rile up the locals, but this offense is going to have some other big impact players.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,338
  • Days Won:  43

Of course this is all We Shall See!! I will wait until we are 6 games in before I make my assumptions. To tell you the truth, I'm very worried about the season. Going undefeated is tough no matter how the schedule is. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Who else is a proven commodity on our offense (aside from DJ who transcends proof)?

You can guess about McCants, MVS etc., but people who don't follow the team outside of a box score here and there aren't going to know who those guys are. There is not much substantial evidence to make those conclusions.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

The article is a mistitled joke. The only one on there that COULD make an impact is the UCF qb. All the others SHOULD make an impact because they already have. Including Milton on a list like that with QF and Ferguson is homerism of the highest form. Their qb should be included with players McCants and MVS that Mr George mentioned ....

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

54 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

Who else is a proven commodity on our offense (aside from DJ who transcends proof)?

You can guess about McCants, MVS etc., but people who don't follow the team outside of a box score here and there aren't going to know who those guys are. There is not much substantial evidence to make those conclusions.

True, DJ.

And true, as I said, lazy effort.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

expecting a tremendous year from qf

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Even when discussing impact players, that-paper-who-shall-not-be-named has to plant seeds like "first-year coach" and "last-place finish in the American in total defense in 2016", so there's no way they'll want to take up space talking about our other players who will put them in their place. I'm good with that, just concentrate on those two guys...hehe...

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  431
  • Days Won:  0

Wait, I thought I heard news outlets don't talk up the hometown team? This can't be homerism, must be something else. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,578
  • Days Won:  29

Think DJ is the one to breakout!

Not many outside of USF is aware of his talent.

Excited about our backfield.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

21 hours ago, E.T. said:

Think DJ is the one to breakout!

Not many outside of USF is aware of his talent.

Excited about our backfield.

Go BULLS !!!

Yeah there are a lot of folks who are undercutting the RB and WR positions, but that's standard when you lose a program leading rusher and receiver in the same year. After watching the spring game and just knowledge of the roster I still consider the skill positions as loaded and our strengths. DJ is going to be a great RB1 and MVS/McCants(or Saloman)/Antoine will also be great receivers in this system.