• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

According to this article Tice and AJ Legree are coming back this year.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

http://southflorida.247sports.com/Bolt/5-USF-players-due-for-a-Big-2018--51263554

While I am happy that we have offensive seniors returning, I would love to see some of the new running backs and receivers play. But oh well, Tice is good enough to be a 1000 yard rusher, not sure how good AJ Legree is, but was hoping my boy Clearvuex finally gets some playing time. He went to my highschool. 

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Tice might be good enough, but I don't think he'll come close to 1000 yards.  I'd say if we get 400 from him its a sucess.  I expect DJ and Sands to get most of the yards and carries.  Also EMack might even get more than Tice.  It is great for depth just in case we have some injuries.,

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I have no expectations for Sands. I haven't seen anything in his high school or brief college career that makes me think he's a superstar in the making. Tice is solid. With DJ being the man next year, the backup just needs to keep the ball moving while he gets a breather.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

AJ Legree was listed as the starter opposite MVS after the Spring last year. He was positioned to have the opportunity for a monster year. With him back it'll be a very interesting competition between Legree, McCants Bronson and Saloman for the Y and/or slot receiver spots. Gilbert has a lot of toys to play with; wouldn't surprise me if he creates various packages utilizing everyone. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, JoeB said:

Tice might be good enough, but I don't think he'll come close to 1000 yards.  I'd say if we get 400 from him its a sucess.  I expect DJ and Sands to get most of the yards and carries.  Also EMack might even get more than Tice.  It is great for depth just in case we have some injuries.,

In 2015 he had 460 yards at 88 carries. He averaged over 5 yards per carry. I think running back by committee is a great option, but Tice was #2 b4 he went down. In the end we shouldnt have a drop off in tbe running game and if so the passing yards better be up. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

In 2015 he had 460 yards at 88 carries. He averaged over 5 yards per carry. I think running back by committee is a great option, but Tice was #2 b4 he went down. In the end we shouldnt have a drop off in tbe running game and if so the passing yards better be up. 

Agree do it's also much better to have two veteran RBs than breaking in two new backs with DJ as the bell cow. Wonder if Tice/Legree will be healthy for the spring. Have a feeling the two deep hasthe potential to be really shaken up with the new staff, and players who can't participate in he spring may have a disadvantage.