• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Probably doesn't belong here but wondering what the locals think

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Maybe it's become a sickness:

Tampa Army captain complains Lightning 'strong-arming' him over his Stanley Cup tickets

And as he has tried to sell his tickets on secondary markets, he said the Lightning front office has threatened to move his seats or cancel them for the rest of the playoffs and next season. It temporarily blocked his ability to manage his tickets online and said he would have to pick up his tickets in person at the arena if he wants to use them.

"I'm willing to comply with any policy they show me in writing but they're just making up stuff as they go," Dhillon, 32, said. "I really feel that they're strong-arming me into complying with what the Lightning want."

What the Lightning want is an Amalie Arena full of Bolts blue instead of Blackhawks red for the final — especially when it comes to highly visible seats like Dhillon's. Throughout the playoffs the Lightning have taken aggressive measures to ensure the team's fans get first chance at tickets, including blocking out-of-state credit cards from purchasing seats through the team's online Ticketmaster portal and barring opposing team colors in certain club areas.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/tampa-army-captain-complains-lightning-strong-arming-him-over-his-stanley/2232539

Should read that whole article.

Lightning recognized they may have gone overboard with this one and everyting seemed to have worked out in the end...

But Lightning CEO Tod Leiweke told the Tampa Bay Times on Friday that the team may have gone too far in Dhillon's case and "perhaps on this our passion got in the way."

"If a gentleman serving our country feels he was slighted, oh my god, we owe him an apology," Leiweke said.

Leiweke offered to get coffee with Dhillon after the season. Dhillon said he would like that opportunity.

After the Times inquiry to the Lightning, Dhillon was allowed to print, transfer or sell his tickets online again.

So they think they went "too far" by not letting a guy in the military sell his tickets to ticketmaster who in turn can sell them to anyone who wants to buy them.??? What??? What if the dude in the military was a Chicago fan and attended the game? Would his military affiliation offset any Blackhawks gear he might be wearing?

The whole concept of telling people what they can and can't wear is stupid. They want the arena to "feel" like it's all Bolts fans. What's to stop drunken, obnoxious Chicago fans from screaming their heads off while wearing khakis and Polo shirts. Last time I checked, clothes didn't make any noise, only the fleshy retards inside of them were capable of that.

They commented that they went too far by not letting a Lightning season ticket holder in the military re-sell his tickets .... and if a dude in the military was a Chicago fan and trying to sit in one of the 1300 seats affected by the dress code, then yeah, he wouldn't be allowed to wear his Chicago gear there ... Once again, people don't know the ******* facts about what's going on. These guy's seats were right behind the TB bench which was why the Lightning were being so sticky about it. If he finally sold to Chicago fans and they wore their gear there, nothing would happen to them. TB has been trying to be preemptive about the visiting fans invading and if you watched the game tonight, you can understand why. Plenty of them, wearing red, found tickets in the lower level so all this whining about it is much ado about nothing. ...

Article also says the military guy ratted out the people sitting behind him too, thanked him for bringing it their attention and the Lightning told him to relocate too. Total BS. Makes the club look like total AHoles to the rest of the sports world IMO

Your opinion and entitled to it ... As a TB fan, I don't give a **** what it looks like to the rest of the sports world. I appreciate them doing whatever they possibly can to keep opposing fans out of the building. Like Coop said about the young team and the learning curve, same goes for a relatively inexperienced organization when dealing with stuff like this ..... particularly ticket brokers.

Glad we can recognize our different opinions for what they are. Even though yours is stupid. HA!!!!!

:loser: