• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA Men's Golf Championship: 5/29-6/3, Concession GC, Bradenton

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

It's a wrap USF locks up 6th place and will face Georgia in the quarter finals. Great Job!It will be televised tomorrow at 9:30 AM. The semi final matches will follow immediately.

9:30am tomorrow. Need to win 3 of the 5 matches to move on. Going to be interesting to see what the pairings will be.
#1 plays #8#2 plays #7#3 Georgia plays #6 USF#4 Plays #5Live scoring for Quarter final matches will be at this link:http://golfstatresults.com/public/leaderboards/nonav.cfm?pg=match&tid=8025&rid=1

That's not what I meant. I mean individual pairings. Which specific players of our play which specific UGAy players

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It's a wrap USF locks up 6th place and will face Georgia in the quarter finals. Great Job!It will be televised tomorrow at 9:30 AM. The semi final matches will follow immediately.

9:30am tomorrow. Need to win 3 of the 5 matches to move on. Going to be interesting to see what the pairings will be.

#1 plays #8#2 plays #7#3 Georgia plays #6 USF#4 Plays #5Live scoring for Quarter final matches will be at this link:http://golfstatresults.com/public/leaderboards/nonav.cfm?pg=match&tid=8025&rid=1

That's not what I meant. I mean individual pairings. Which specific players of our play which specific UGAy players

Sorry, I misunderstood.

I believe, Georgia has the choice to pick a player or defer to USF.

When the women played, the coaches varied on what they did.

It will be interesting to see the player pairings.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  30
  • Days Won:  0

Golf Channel guy just called us UCF, moments after announcing that South Florida will be paired with Georgia tomorrow. That crap has got to stop. South Florida is NOT UCF!

Sorry, I misunderstood.I believe, Georgia has the choice to pick a player or defer to USF.When the women played, the coaches varied on what they did.It will be interesting to see the player pairings.

The process will follow the method employed at the Presidents Cup. The higher seeded team (as determined through the 54-hole stroke-play portion of the championship) will have the first choice of putting a player on the board for Match No. 1. The opposing team will then name an opponent for that match, followed by a player for Match No. 2. The process will continue on an alternating "S" curve until the players for all five matches are named. (The higher seeded team may defer with the first pick, letting the other team begin the selection process.)

Pairings for the quarterfinals will be determined following the 54-hole stroke-play competition. Pairings for the semifinals and finals will be determined following the completion of the preceding round.

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2012/04/coaches-to-pick-match-play-lin.html

Edited by Sellular1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Golf Channel guy just called us UCF, moments after announcing that South Florida will be paired with Georgia tomorrow. That crap has got to stop. South Florida is NOT UCF!

If it gets us out of the Sun Belt, I'm all for it.

Sorry, I misunderstood.I believe, Georgia has the choice to pick a player or defer to USF.When the women played, the coaches varied on what they did.It will be interesting to see the player pairings.

The process will follow the method employed at the Presidents Cup. The higher seeded team (as determined through the 54-hole stroke-play portion of the championship) will have the first choice of putting a player on the board for Match No. 1. The opposing team will then name an opponent for that match, followed by a player for Match No. 2. The process will continue on an alternating "S" curve until the players for all five matches are named. (The higher seeded team may defer with the first pick, letting the other team begin the selection process.)

Pairings for the quarterfinals will be determined following the 54-hole stroke-play competition. Pairings for the semifinals and finals will be determined following the completion of the preceding round.

Sounds correct, except that the men's seeding is determined through the "72-hole" stroke-play portion of the championship.

The process will follow the method employed at the Presidents Cup. The higher seeded team (as determined through the 54-hole stroke-play portion of the championship) will have the first choice of putting a player on the board for Match No. 1. The opposing team will then name an opponent for that match, followed by a player for Match No. 2. The process will continue on an alternating "S" curve until the players for all five matches are named. (The higher seeded team may defer with the first pick, letting the other team begin the selection process.)Pairings for the quarterfinals will be determined following the 54-hole stroke-play competition. Pairings for the semifinals and finals will be determined following the completion of the preceding round.
Sounds correct, except that the men's seeding is determined through the "72-hole" stroke-play portion of the championship.

Correct. Just edit/posted the link to earlier post

The process will follow the method employed at the Presidents Cup. The higher seeded team (as determined through the 54-hole stroke-play portion of the championship) will have the first choice of putting a player on the board for Match No. 1. The opposing team will then name an opponent for that match, followed by a player for Match No. 2. The process will continue on an alternating "S" curve until the players for all five matches are named. (The higher seeded team may defer with the first pick, letting the other team begin the selection process.)Pairings for the quarterfinals will be determined following the 54-hole stroke-play competition. Pairings for the semifinals and finals will be determined following the completion of the preceding round.

Mama, do you know if they pick the pairings tonite or the morning? Ryder cup stuff is usually done the night before

Mama, do you know if they pick the pairings tonite or the morning? Ryder cup stuff is usually done the night before

Apparently, they are doing it right now.

Teeing off 7 AM

Player #1

Georgia

Zach Healy

USF

Trey Valentine

Player #2

Not listed yet

See this link:

http://golfstatresults.com/public/leaderboards/nonav.cfm?pg=pairings&tid=8025&rid=1

Individual pairings for quarter finals are now complete.

You can see the matchups here.

http://golfstatresults.com/public/leaderboards/nonav.cfm?pg=pairings&tid=8025&rid=1