• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls vs Memphis: In game thread

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

Left that travesty with about 10 minutes to go.  We all know we can't shoot the ball.  But the passing in that game was an abomination.  Seems like every pass was lazy, no crispness.  As much as I think COA is doing a decent enough job this year without having any talent, the passing goes on him and the staff.  I just don't see how AC comes back.  He just never looks to shoot the ball.  We can guess for the rest of the season as to who doesn't come back.  AC, Cousins, Clayton would be first on my list.  The only definites I see coming back are Morillo, Ziegler, Guerrero. 

How many scholarships are MBB teams allowed? 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

I don't care about big. I want a person with a winning attitude who gives 100% up by 25 or down by 25. COA should sit him the rest of the way.

I get that. His body language on the court shows he has a negative outlook, his lack of hustle getting back up court on plays is just lazy, and his awareness on defense is pure bewilderment. But every team needs some bugs, even if it's just to occupy space. We do not have the back court to rely on pure shooting and transition offense

Left that travesty with about 10 minutes to go. We all know we can't shoot the ball. But the passing in that game was an abomination. Seems like every pass was lazy, no crispness. As much as I think COA is doing a decent enough job this year without having any talent, the passing goes on him and the staff. I just don't see how AC comes back. He just never looks to shoot the ball. We can guess for the rest of the season as to who doesn't come back. AC, Cousins, Clayton would be first on my list. The only definites I see coming back are Morillo, Ziegler, Guerrero.

How many scholarships are MBB teams allowed?

I've read this before and I want to say 12.

A battleship body with a rowboat mentality.

Now that's funny right there lol. It's funny because it's true

This team should sit court side for our ladies game. The go 100mph every second.

I agree, I think we will see Antigua crank up the pace next year. Whoever is back from this year will go through one hell of a fitness plan this summer

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

This team should sit court side for our ladies game. The go 100mph every second.

They actually did in the WBB game vs UCF.

Men's Basketball is allowed a total of 13 scholarships, not 12.

+1

I apologize for being incorrect earlier

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, I think these guys will be back:  Morrillo, Zeigler, Guerrero, Cousins, Holston.

My case for Cousins is this:  he is a big body and is fine with getting only 4-10 minutes a game.  Sometimes that's all you need or want out of your backup big man.  Plus he is a big body to practice against.  One more thing....he came here because of Coach O's connection to his brother.  Don't want to burn that bridge.  Coach O probably also promised his mom that he would do everything to help him get his degree.

Holston has been a disappointment shooting, but he has shown some spunk out there with some hustle at times. 

Agree with the other posters that passing has been bad.  However, some kids just are not good at that aspect.  Like ball handling....you either have it or you don't.  Yes, passing is coachable but only to an extent.  I don't even think AC is a good passer.  Yes, he gets assists and make some good passes but then there are others where he is so late with the ball to shooters.  Or the ball is not put on their chest so they have little effort to get a good shot up.