• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Basketball-The Future Starts Now???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

the future is in the future

coach o needs to bring talent in next 2 years

COA is bringing in major players for next season. I expect to see USF competting for NIT or NCAA next season.

Don't do that man. Let's just see us if we can get through a season.

Amen brother. You can't go from zero to 100mph without passing speeds 1mph through 99mph...

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

COA is bringing in major players for next season. I expect to see USF competting for NIT or NCAA next season.

Amen brother. You can't go from zero to 100mph without passing speeds 1mph through 99mph...

That is true. All that does it set me up for disappointment. Been saying this for years that next year is the year. It is a broken record. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

That is true. All that does it set me up for disappointment. Been saying this for years that next year is the year. It is a broken record. 

That is the reason I posed the question and why I want to see whoever is left start to step up.  If there is to be a complete overhaul, at our level, i don't care who it is or who is coaching, we aren't going from the bottom of the barrel to even a middle/upper team in this conference with a team full of first year guys playing together for the first time.  We have seen and heard this story many times in many sports. 

Right now all we have is a leap of faith in Coach O's recruiting.  On paper seems like nice players are coming in.  until they prove it on the court, together, against competition at this level I will say we are another two to three years away from post season level play. 

I still want to see those younger guys win 5 or 6 more games with at least one against one of the better teams.  Not saying they will do it, but I want to see something that shows us that Antigua is a good game day coach.  Not saying he isn't.  I am saying we still have no idea.  All we know he is a decent recruiter so far. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Considering the huge roster change coming before next season I don't see where these last stretch of games means anything unless we are talking about the development of Guerrero, Zeigler, and maybe Holston and Morillo. Don't know yet if Perry will ever play again until further notice. I don't see anybody else being brought back. We're going to have 6-8 new players on the roster next season imo.

Cousins out too?

I think he still has one year of eligibility left, so I expect him to come back. I think COA feels like he owes it to his big brother to take care of him.

I do think that his offseason will be hell on wheels, and may self-select himself out though. But if he makes it through the offseason drills, his place on the team is probably secure.