• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I Miss Those Days of GreenbergOpolis. Have to say thanks to....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

The Sheriff, Colin, and Seth for being a big part of getting that going. USF had tons of students camping outside the SunDome waiting to get their seat. Today would have been a great day for a GreenbergOpolis type of event. Nice cool weather and an early start time. Heck, I would have camped outside the SunDome and stayed up all night waiting for this 11am tipoff. So thank you to the Sheriff and others for giving us USF fans good memories of the old days. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Those were good days, you would hope with a better sun dome and some success with Antigua, we can generate that interest again. Esp in the middle of January when there are no tests, competing sports, and not much to do at the beach and such.

This game doesn't even have friggin announcers on site.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Would love to see a revival so the students can experience what many of us experienced. Those memories will stay with me forever. Let me give a shout out to my boy Robbie Mann though (even though I rarely hear from him anymore). He and I were the two that started things up and then Coach gave us some credence by bringing out pizza one evening. Jimmy, Keisha (she was nice on the eyes), and Manny (Manny somehow missed the 60's by a couple of decades) then joined us outside. I met Bulliever then and things really started to take off because of this website and the good coverage they gave us - anyone remember the name Far East Bull? Or Smazza? These board members helped out in ways financially to keep our road trip shenanigans awesome - Operation Sleep Gator for instance required an underground budget. Collin brought in the fraternity boys (me thinks it's because a rumor circulated that a tent existed and was filled with a keg of Bud Light and cases of Yuengling - yes, the rumor was true). Other rumors included women making late night visits to GreenbergOpolis (can't say I blame them). Vicki Mitchell and Joe Tremano also rallied support around our little city with the USF Foundation (which was huge at the time now that I look back at things). And the Sun Dome maintenance staff was also really supportive - Gil would always pay us a visit to make sure things were cool at night with electricity and the sprinkler systems (they wrecked havoc on many sleeping GreenbergOpolis residents). The Trib was even awesome, delivering newspapers to our tent daily (probably because they were tired of me emptying out their containers on campus before tip off so we could distract free throw shooters). We even had our own personal Doc out there checking on everyone's health - thanks Doc! Something has to be said about then SG Pres Dave Mincberg and VP Mike Griffin realizing they could push the edge/toe the line with things out there without necessarily ruining their political reputations on campus. And finally, the students rallied behind it. It was a great time to be a student at USF. Football was just starting to thrive. Basketball was on the cusp of making a break-thru. And the loyalty from our students was helping to change the commuter school image.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Did any of the videos from back then make it to Youtube?

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I believe everything was lost for the most part in the great board crash of 2003 or 2004. Brad would know better. There were some good stories I would love to share with my wife...

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I believe everything was lost for the most part in the great board crash of 2003 or 2004. Brad would know better. There were some good stories I would love to share with my wife...

Yes! Great stories!! Back then we didnt have the technology advances like we do today such as smart phones with cameras. I could only imagine how much video that would have been captured. Sheriff did his best to post great write ups about the events. Operation Sleep Gator looked like a blast. Wish I was still a student back then as I graduated a few years before that. Sheriff took a fall for USF as I believe he was forced to write up some BS apology to UF. Also, I remember the C-USA tourny in Cincy where the USF gang was dressed up in orange jump suits to mock the Cincy BearCats right in their own home lol.  Wont forget when the UAB mat was brought back home to USF after a road game there. Tons of adventures were captured on the Bullspen thanks to Sheriff. Yes we remember Far East Bull before he turned to the darkside and became VaderBull.  Thanks for the memories all. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Way back then FarEastBull, an avid supporter, suggested I get to G-Opolis and meet this Sheriff guy. I met him and Doc one morning. I have occasionally posted some of the pics and videos. Those were fun times for the students. The Sheriff could get things done.