• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I like what I seen in both White & Flowers at QB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

You can see flashes of their talent that they displayed in HS. It shows that CWT did recruit well in bringing those two QB's in to USF. So the issue is not that USF can find a QB. The issue is to get the coaching staff to coach these two up as they have the potential. White's mental mistakes pretty much cost him the job this season. But you can understand why the coaching staff named him the starting QB going into the season. Also, seeing Flowers athletic ability makes me understand why the coaching staff was trying to get him on the field.  Flowers just needs to learn as he didnt have the luxury of redshirting this season.  I think USF will be fine at QB when all is said and done. It is up to the coaching staff to coach them up.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i love your optimism

i maintain usf will never win with white

i havent seen enough of flowers

we still need to bring in a juco qb and top freshman qb to compete with the current crop

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

There is a reason no big football programs (Alabama, UM, FSU,etc) were willing to offer him a scholarship to play as QB. All of the major programs that recruited him did so because he is a very talented athlete and felt he would make a very good DB. In my opinion it says a lot when CWT is the only head coach willing to offer him a scholly to play as QB. He is a horrible QB at the college level. He is not our future QB.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

White has a very limited amount of time at QB.  I think he has done pretty well and does seem to be improving.  The part of his game that he lacks is mobility.   Flowers isn't a natural passer, but as the game went on he looked better. He needs a lot of work but is mobile. 

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Days Won:  0

There is a reason no big football programs (Alabama, UM, FSU,etc) were willing to offer him a scholarship to play as QB. All of the major programs that recruited him did so because he is a very talented athlete and felt he would make a very good DB. In my opinion it says a lot when CWT is the only head coach willing to offer him a scholly to play as QB. He is a horrible QB at the college level. He is not our future QB.

He got Flowers here because he offered him as a QB. He has to take a chance like that if you want him to bring in top level talent. Give these guys a chance. They may not be the answer, but they are both still young. White has only been a QB for 2 1/2 years now. 1 in High School and 1.5 years here if that. Flowers has started one game. He's a true freshman. If he doesn't work out they can move him. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

He got Flowers here because he offered him as a QB. He has to take a chance like that if you want him to bring in top level talent. Give these guys a chance. They may not be the answer, but they are both still young. White has only been a QB for 2 1/2 years now. 1 in High School and 1.5 years here if that. Flowers has started one game. He's a true freshman. If he doesn't work out they can move him.

Can we stop the 1 year of high school nonsense? The kid has stats from his junior year on every website that covers high school sports. Mike White has played plenty of football. He just wasn't good enough in high school to start prior to his senior year.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/mike-white/QLrWufTsEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/football-stats.htm

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  34
  • Days Won:  0

It would help all our qbs if someone could actually catch the ball. I haven't been counting but it seems like there must be a dozen dropped balls every game.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This is something USF has done for YEARS all the way back to the CJL era.  It enables USF to get an edge to get get P5 quality athletes by at least giving them a shot at QB and then more than likely moving them down the line.  If we don't offer as a QB he more than likely never comes to USF and there is never a chance to harness that talent at another position down the road.  It's  a smart recruiting tactic, but we should have recruited a true QB in last years class to go with Flowers