• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

This is exactly where most on here thought we'd be at this point in the season.  We still have a shot at getting to a bowl.  I think we have a chance against UCF as we have shown that we can play well at times.  I think that game is going to be dependent on our D.  Memphis is going to be really tough, though

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  301
  • Days Won:  0

Memphis coach in his 3rd yr. W/L records

2014: 7-3

2013: 3-9

2012: 4-8

Larry Porter era

2011: 2-10

2010: 1-11

So Memphis, hires Porter (RB coach at LSU) and gets 2 bad yrs then cans him. The new coach has 2 yuck yrs but show some improvement and now the program has come around with success. What's next for USF?

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Look below the surface. Not just wins and losses.

The reason Porter was fired was deeper than the record. The team was actually showing improvement, but not enough. He was fired because of declining fan interest and declining attendance/revenue.

Sounds familiar.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  301

Look below the surface. Not just wins and losses.

The reason Porter was fired was deeper than the record. The team was actually showing improvement, but not enough. He was fired because of declining fan interest and declining attendance/revenue.

Sounds familiar.

that's what I was wondering. He only got 2 yrs which seemed like there was something amiss. This indeed has parallels to our situation.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399

The team has demonstrated it can beat its inferior opponents.  Good thing we hit the AAC because if this was still the Big East we'd be the bottom feeder.  The problem is we have not been competitive with the teams we should be considering our peers and its taken a lot of nail biting to beat some pretty terrible teams.  The record does not reflect that.

I still think that given how poor the offense has been, the defense has done a decent job this year.    

Edited by inTransit

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

It's official, USF is better than the bottom 4 of the league....

I don't see us beating UCF or Memphis. 4 wins is our season for 2014

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I am happy that we are 4-6 when we could be 2-8 if not for the two come backs against Tulsa and SMU. I believe we have the talent, but they are very young and are learning. 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I am happy that we are 4-6 when we could be 2-8 if not for the two come backs against Tulsa and SMU. I believe we have the talent, but they are very young and are learning. 

cwt will be our coach next year

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

This is exactly where most on here thought we'd be at this point in the season. We still have a shot at getting to a bowl. I think we have a chance against UCF as we have shown that we can play well at times. I think that game is going to be dependent on our D. Memphis is going to be really tough, though

I thought 4-6, but I didn't expect use to need a late run against what is arguably the worst team in FBS football.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

cwt will be our coach next year

I agree. I think he needs to get USF to a bowl game next season or Harlan will fire him. He gets a pass this season as he is still figuring out the personal.