• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fun Fact of the Day for all the Attendance Geeks

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Got to get that OCS. RJS has not been kind to us. 

You buying and maintaining? Because that certainly isn't a guarantee for attendance and those bills keep on coming...upkeep, taxes, insurance, etc..

Cincy fans are so happy that they will be back on their OCS next season. Playing at Bengals stadium has been pretty dull for their attendence they have been saying. Just goes to show you that even a good team like Cincy has problem with the game atmosphere at NFL stadiums. The game atmosphere at USF is terrible. I know they have been trying their best but it just does not work. The 20K in the 65K venue is just terrible. Better off playing the games at the Trop now. Cant wait until USF does get that OCS that seats around 30K to 40k ast the 20K will look tons better in that and the atmoshere will be tons better, Tulane's new OCS has done wonders for their atmosphere. Remember how bad it was for Tulane when they played at Saints Superdome? Funny stuff. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

Got to get that OCS. RJS has not been kind to us. 

You buying and maintaining? Because that certainly isn't a guarantee for attendance and those bills keep on coming...upkeep, taxes, insurance, etc..

Cincy fans are so happy that they will be back on their OCS next season. Playing at Bengals stadium has been pretty dull for their attendence they have been saying. Just goes to show you that even a good team like Cincy has problem with the game atmosphere at NFL stadiums. The game atmosphere at USF is terrible. I know they have been trying their best but it just does not work. The 20K in the 65K venue is just terrible. Better off playing the games at the Trop now. Cant wait until USF does get that OCS that seats around 30K to 40k ast the 20K will look tons better in that and the atmoshere will be tons better, Tulane's new OCS has done wonders for their atmosphere. Remember how bad it was for Tulane when they played at Saints Superdome? Funny stuff. 

Yawn

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Days Won:  1

You could build the best OCS in the world but if the product on the field is unwatchable it won't help attendance much at all

You could build the best OCS in the world but if the product on the field is unwatchable it won't help attendance much at all

Not going to buy into that. A 65K stadium is terrible for the atmosphere with 15K to 20k fans. As the NC State coach said, there was no crowd. It is a morgue in RJS. Got to get that 30K to 35k OCS to help atmoshere to give USF more of a home field advantage. USF cant win in that morgue. 

Not going to buy into that. A 65K stadium is terrible for the atmosphere with 15K to 20k fans. As the NC State coach said, there was no crowd. It is a morgue in RJS. Got to get that 30K to 35k OCS to help atmoshere to give USF more of a home field advantage. USF cant win in that morgue. 

Its a morgue at all the programs with OCS stadiums that suck too. Difference is those schools are more boxed in financially than USF.

Its a morgue at all the programs with OCS stadiums that suck too. Difference is those schools are more boxed in financially than USF.

I feel bad for Temple when I see one of their games on TV.  Playing in the Eagles stadium with all those empty seats. And the sad thing about it is that Temple is decent this year, yet the stadium atmosphere is a like a morgue. I heard that they are working on trying to get an OCS, so I hope it goes well for them. 

The difference is that they keep all their concession sales unlike what USF gets to do at RJS. There is a certain amount that USF needs to exceed before we get to see any money for the concessions. The Glazers are profitting from our 15K at the games this season while USF could be getting more $$$ if they had OCS. Harlan is looking into this and I am sure he will go for the OCS. Stay tuned.... 

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Days Won:  1

The difference is that they keep all their concession sales unlike what USF gets to do at RJS. There is a certain amount that USF needs to exceed before we get to see any money for the concessions. The Glazers are profitting from our 15K at the games this season while USF could be getting more $$$ if they had OCS. Harlan is looking into this and I am sure he will go for the OCS. Stay tuned....

I agree we need an OCS but we also need to put a decent team of the field. If we build a stadium for around 45k but we only get 15k at the stadium it won't help in getting the money to pay the bills associated with it. However if we put out a 6-10 win team every year we will get 45k each game and the OCS will be worth it plus more. We can always use Ray jay for big name teams but the OCS stadium will only help if we put a exciting product on the field. With a 2-5 win team each year the OCS might get attendance up for a few years but it will fall right back down once fans become uninterested in the product on the field

I feel bad for Temple when I see one of their games on TV.  Playing in the Eagles stadium with all those empty seats. And the sad thing about it is that Temple is decent this year, yet the stadium atmosphere is a like a morgue. I heard that they are working on trying to get an OCS, so I hope it goes well for them. 

Decent? More like average. They pulled an upset but before that they beat UConn, Tulsa, a super crappy Vandy team and an FCS team. I think with losses to Navy, Houston and UCF, fans stayed home out of the crappy weather because of an expected beat down. Weather there has as much to do with attendance of an average team than anything.