• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Putting our schedule into much needed perspective

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  104
  • Days Won:  0

I'm being very hopeful here but I personally think ECU is our last near-certain-loss. Every other game on this schedule is definitely winnable I have absolutely no doubt about that (NOTE: I said winnable...no garunteed win)

Tulsa - They fight till the end but I believe if we have a solid, disciplined game we can make it out with the W relatively easily

Cincinnatti - This will be tough...especially after that embarrassing loss to us last year I don't see them taking it easy, but I think if every one is on point we will definitely keep it close and maybe even repeat last year. Lucky or not, we DID beat them last year with a much (IMO) worse squad than we have this year

Houston - Houston seems kind of in the middle. Didn't see too much from them in the beginning of the season but they've definitely started to find their groove. We were able to hang with them offensively in MW's debut game last year and I dont see why we dont do the same this year

SMU - I'm not going to say anything to jinx us but if we even have a few things go our way that day I dont see it being too hard to come back from Dallas with another W

Memphis - Contrary to many on this board I am NOT impressed with Memphis at all. Seriously. I don't know if you watched the Ole Miss game but i have no **** idea how they were ranked 10, but Alabama will slaughter them next week and take care of that real quick. Lemme also take this opportunity to point out that Memphis's quarterback got sacked so many times their rushing yards were actually negative for a good chunk of the game. Our D should have a productive day.

UCF - Who the **** knows. In rivalry games all bets are off. Who woulda thought we'd come that close to beating them last year?

Ole Miss was bigger and faster . We came into the game allowing only 1 sack. Be fair in your evaluation if you are going to make one

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  0

I'm being very hopeful here but I personally think ECU is our last near-certain-loss. Every other game on this schedule is definitely winnable I have absolutely no doubt about that (NOTE: I said winnable...no garunteed win)

Tulsa - They fight till the end but I believe if we have a solid, disciplined game we can make it out with the W relatively easily

Cincinnatti - This will be tough...especially after that embarrassing loss to us last year I don't see them taking it easy, but I think if every one is on point we will definitely keep it close and maybe even repeat last year. Lucky or not, we DID beat them last year with a much (IMO) worse squad than we have this year

Houston - Houston seems kind of in the middle. Didn't see too much from them in the beginning of the season but they've definitely started to find their groove. We were able to hang with them offensively in MW's debut game last year and I dont see why we dont do the same this year

SMU - I'm not going to say anything to jinx us but if we even have a few things go our way that day I dont see it being too hard to come back from Dallas with another W

Memphis - Contrary to many on this board I am NOT impressed with Memphis at all. Seriously. I don't know if you watched the Ole Miss game but i have no **** idea how they were ranked 10, but Alabama will slaughter them next week and take care of that real quick. Lemme also take this opportunity to point out that Memphis's quarterback got sacked so many times their rushing yards were actually negative for a good chunk of the game. Our D should have a productive day.

UCF - Who the **** knows. In rivalry games all bets are off. Who woulda thought we'd come that close to beating them last year?

Ole Miss was bigger and faster . We came into the game allowing only 1 sack. Be fair in your evaluation if you are going to make one

Fair enough. I have only seen them physically play against Ole Miss and was judging by the scores of their previous games and who they were against. I'll watch them more closely the next few weekends

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

in conference - Memphis looks real tough

Personally i think it gets ugly against ECU. We just don't match up. Their receivers are sick.

At this point I think Cincy and ECU are losses. But every other team left on our schedule has a lot of flaws.

Tulsa? They're just a bad team, and we have shown we can beat a bad team, even if we eek it out. The downside is that they have a passing game. Can we get up and stop it? Secondary is not what it looked like last season. On the bright side, they can't stop anybody. So if we just play keep away and keep our defense fresh that's a winnable game.

Houston? They're an average team right now. But they're consistent enough in every area. We will need to tackle well and control the clock while not letting Deontay Greenberry get loose again.

SMU? I don't think I need to say anything. If we lose this game Taggart should lose his job and not be allowed back on the plane to Tampa.

Memphis? Great defense, no question of it, but their offense is awful. We can win this game, but it will require us to put a lot of players in space and force them to match our speed. When we did that last year we moved the ball really well, but we didn't do it enough.

UCF? Are you kidding me? It's UCF! Their flaw is that they are UCF! Time to get back on the winning track and not let them win another game against us for the next 20 years.

Our offense isn't horrible. It was dynamic till last night. We came into Ole Miss averaging 35 ppg. We will not see any defenses of the caliber going further into our schedule. A lot of our guys got to emotionally involved in the game because most are either from Missippii or Memphis. The guys will return the favor in Memphis next year. I also think Fuente was holding back some of the playbook for Cincy as well. This team went toe to toe with a SEC West team who was top 10 at their place. We will be back to normal when we hit the American slate.

You definitely appear more adept at offense than we do right now but let's not kid ourselves with this going "toe to toe with a SEC West team who was top 10 at their place." It wasn't Auburn or Alabama. It was Ole Miss who I have no clue how they are a top 10 team, other than the SEC jock hugging the media does ... and you were outgained in every facet of that game so I'm not sure the "toe-to-toe" assessment is very accurate.

Are you just judging the ability of our team off 1 game? We were beat in every facet except special teams and turnovers. 7-3 going into the 4th with a fumble saving them. Once again there is no defense in the AAC that can do that to us like Ole Miss.

No, it would be foolish to do that, although it's regularly done here .....I was questioning your intimation that you went toe-to-toe with an SEC West powerhouse .... which you didn't.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I'm looking forward to this Thursday and finding out more about UH & UCiF. I'm still not sold on SMU being a gimme, something tells me they'll look a little different come conference games. They did look awful against some good teams, though.