• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

F Kamari Murphy, Oklahoma State transfer

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

:GoBulls:  Why not! 

Because we currently don't have another scholarship to give out for this year

Maybe this is kind of like over signing in football ... Wonder what the drop dead date is for only having 13 on scholarship.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

:GoBulls:  Why not! 

Because we currently don't have another scholarship to give out for this year

Maybe this is kind of like over signing in football ... Wonder what the drop dead date is for only having 13 on scholarship.

Perhaps, he could grey shirt, and have his scholarship count towards next year. I don't know.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

:GoBulls: Why not!

Because we currently don't have another scholarship to give out for this year

Perhaps, he could grey shirt, and have his scholarship count towards next year. I don't know.

I'm not acquainted with how such things work, I'm just starting to delve into college basketball, but I still hope we make it work! Ever the optimist I am

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

Can he play football too? :D

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

If Willie was willing to give up a scollie, it could be made to work.

Outside of Kentucky, Indiana, and maybe Memphis though, can't see it happening.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I'm guessing you guys are kidding, but I recall a rule about not being able to get a schollie in a 2nd sport (non-primary).  Don't recall the details, but I think it was designed to keep teams from using schollies (track, baseball, etc.) when an athlete's main sport is full up.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

I'm guessing you guys are kidding, but I recall a rule about not being able to get a schollie in a 2nd sport (non-primary).  Don't recall the details, but I think it was designed to keep teams from using schollies (track, baseball, etc.) when an athlete's main sport is full up.

I was kidding, but I'm pretty sure your correct, you can't play football or basketball if your on a scholarship for one of the non-revenue sports. That's why I said football :D

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  182
  • Days Won:  2

I was kidding, but I'm pretty sure your correct, you can't play football or basketball if your on a scholarship for one of the non-revenue sports. That's why I said football :D

That's correct.

You can't receive a scholarship from a non-revenue sport and then walk-on to the football or basketball team. However, you CAN play other sports if you receive a football scholarship.

Just as an example, Jameis Winston has a football scholarship and is a "walk-on" to the baseball team. Even though he is good enough to have a baseball scholarship, he can't receive money from that if he plays football.

I don't see any problem with someone receiving a football scholarship and then playing basketball. BJ Daniels did it his first season.

Not that we would ever do it if someone wasn't a legitimate two sport athlete.

Edited by Vroomy

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

All kidding aside, there are some NFL TEs that were HS or college forwards now making it big.  The UM kid at New Orleans...Graham...is a great example.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

A football scholarship player can play basketball,but not v.v. (c.f. BJ Daniels)