• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Love the Horns Up chant at the USF hoops games.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Great traditional chant going on by USF at the hoops game. I was thinking, that maybe the students could do something similar for the football games. Maybe do the Horns Up chant once the offense gets into the red zone. Which would work good as it would keep the fans more silent while the offense tryings to get into the endzone. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Great traditional chant going on by USF at the hoops game. I was thinking, that maybe the students could do something similar for the football games. Maybe do the Horns Up chant once the offense gets into the red zone. Which would work good as it would keep the fans more silent while the offense tryings to get into the endzone.

I thought the idea was to hear the chant...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Not sure I'd classify that as a "chant" but I understand the thought process .... to keep the knuckleheads quiet that don't understand you don't make noise when WE have the ball. Maybe say it as the team breaks the huddle for every play inside the 20 ... only confusion would be if we're in a no huddle offense or coming out of a timeout with no on the field huddle.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Not sure I'd classify that as a "chant" but I understand the thought process .... to keep the knuckleheads quiet that don't understand you don't make noise when WE have the ball. Maybe say it as the team breaks the huddle for every play inside the 20 ... only confusion would be if we're in a no huddle offense or coming out of a timeout with no on the field huddle.

Yes, that is what I meant. The should Horns Up is a good way to get everyones attention and hopefully keep them quiet when USF is in the red zone. Or on the goal line.  It works well for free throughs. We have always done the horns up during FTs but we just started showing the Horns Up on the video board and having the student section yell Horns Up this season.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

The easy place to do it would be during FGs and extra point tries, but that doesn't quiet the crowd...