• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Angelos Named USF Executive Senior Associate AD

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  136
  • Days Won:  0

I think USF would be wise to bring in Tony Dungy in some kind of capacity. Similar to what they did with Lee Roy Selmon.

Edited by CoolRod97

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

"Executive Senior Associate"??? Jumbo Shrimp?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Great, so he can build us a staiudm

That ought to thrill half this crowd to no end.  I understand building a stadium leads directly to national championships, just like it has for FAU.

I think USF would be wise to bring in Tony Dungy in some kind of capacity. Similar to what they did with Lee Roy Selmon.

That would be great, but Tony has to be interested in doing that.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Underwhelming. Anyone know if any feelers were put out to Rob Higgins?

sarcasm? I mean Rob Higgins is in charge of TBSC, why would he (in my view) go down in status.

Not sure what we expected in terms of this hiring and im surprised people aren't happy since we hired from within, ive seen a bunch of posts of how USF needs to do that more.

Would that be because they have been steeped in winning traditions here at USF?  Just a question as to why you would see an inside hire as beneficial to USF Athletics.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

That would be great, but Tony has to be interested in doing that.

Tony Dungy has helped USF with interviewing for coaches. Not sure he would want to waste more of his time with USF, He is a fan of the program. but he has a nice gig with NBC. 

They would have to be pretty delusional to expect the team to draw 20,000 plus, or even 10,000 without a VERY successful season.  I'd blame the people that hired Schnelly then let him hang around until it was too late. But that's just me.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

I disagree, FAU (which stood for Find Another University when I was in high school) was a non-factor in Boca Raton, let alone the county, and the region. They played in an old (yet historic) soccer stadium 25 miles South (which is the direction of the U). The fact that today they are in C-USA is a remarkable success story.

I actually had a conversation with Craig about my next point. I always saw Howard as part of the problem, from the perspective that he would say things like, "we should be in the SEC and winning national championships in 5 years." I always thought that set insanely unrealistic expectations. Craig disagreed, saying that Howard selling a dream of tomorrow was good for the program.

Side note, the first ever college football game I attended was the 1985 Orange Bowl. As part of a long line of Nebraska fans, I got to witness one of the greatest upsets of all time. That Nebraska team was destined to be considered one of the greatest teams of all time. I also learned respect for Tom Osborne that day, if you remember the game, a tie would have given him a national championship, but he chose to go for 2, to win the game. Howard is living his whole life basking in the glory of that day.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Bringing in people from winning programs should be the MO for this athletic department.  This is part of the problem with our athletic department right now............small men, with small ideas and smaller expectations in charge and hiring new people.  I'm done with small.  Bring in people from large winning programs and throw out the friggin small time trash that's been built up by Dullard since he was hired in 2004.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  1

Underwhelming. Anyone know if any feelers were put out to Rob Higgins?

sarcasm? I mean Rob Higgins is in charge of TBSC, why would he (in my view) go down in status.

Not sure what we expected in terms of this hiring and im surprised people aren't happy since we hired from within, ive seen a bunch of posts of how USF needs to do that more.

Would that be because they have been steeped in winning traditions here at USF? Just a question as to why you would see an inside hire as beneficial to USF Athletics.

I dont necessarily see inside hires as beneficial, just pointing out that when there have been openings within USF Athletics, this board mentions hiring from within