• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Beef Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Love the game and ALWAYS attend, Only missed one so far I think (UCF/Rutgers game).   Its a nice game and atmosphere,

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

1524851_10153641268180529_814333083_n.jp

Here is the view from the PA booth (which is visiting team TV during baseball season)

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,397
  • Days Won:  43

By the way, for those who don't know, the Beef's Bowl has tons of ties to USF.

The two full time employees of the bowl both worked with me at USF, they sold sponsorships for ESPN Regional / ISP. The ESPN game operations director runs several events for ESPN, he used to work for USF in game operations. Many of the game day help (like me and the PA announcer today) are USF people too. The game sort of feels like a reunion in a way.

Mike,

Thanks for all that you do with the bowl. Also, thanks for representing USF is a great way. I love the Beef Bowl. I think it will keep growing as the location in second to none being so close to the beach. This was the 1st Beef bowl that I have missed due to the 2pm kickoff on a work day for me. I believe the time slot is a lot better next season with the new bowl contracts. The Beefs bowl actually moved a step up in getting a partial tie in with the ACC, AAC, and C-USA. You never know what ACC team will fall to this bowl which will help sell tickets. If the Rays ever get a new stadium, you can bet that this bowl will follow to whereever the new Rays stadium is built. I am dreaming, but it would be sweet to see the bowl game end up in downtown Tampa with the new Rays stadium. I am dreaming, I know. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,397
  • Days Won:  43

1524851_10153641268180529_814333083_n.jp

Here is the view from the PA booth (which is visiting team TV during baseball season)

Man that is not easy to see the game. Would be nice to see them move you to the party deck area next year. 

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Was discussed on sports radio this week that the same group who own the Lightning have bought a ton of land in Downtown Tampa (Channel side  /Forum area). They also mentioned that Evan Longori  opened a restaurant in the same area.  They were speculating that the location would serve nicely for a Rays Ball Park. 

Time will tell.  But this is what they were thinking based on the things I Mentioned and some of the recent discussions with Rays/Tampa /St Pete officials.

Agree the Beef Bowl has a lot of potential to grow. (with new teams contracted to play in the games (AAC/ACC).  

Also not sure why they don't look to move the bowl to Ray Jay if they want a larger Stadium to accommodate ACC fans and if USF /UCF is the AAC team.(One made for football games) Wont interfere with Outback bowl or Bucs games if not played on New Years Day or Sunday. 

Orlando has two bowls within a week of each other in the Citrus bowl, And the new Playoff /Championship  will and can as well (Rose Bowl this year and BCS NC game in same stadium).

However I do love the Dome ( AC is nice but the sunshine is also nice this time of year).

Edited by Dhambuc

Was discussed on sports radio this week that the same group who own the Lightning have bought a ton of land in Downtown Tampa (Channel side  /Forum area). They also mentioned that Evan Longori  opened a restaurant in the same area.  They were speculating that the location would serve nicely for a Rays Ball Park. 

Time will tell.  But this is what they were thinking based on the things I Mentioned and some of the recent discussions with Rays/Tampa /St Pete officials.

Agree the Beef Bowl has a lot of potential to grow. (with new teams contracted to play in the games (AAC/ACC).  

Also not sure why they don't look to move the bowl to Ray Jay if they want a larger Stadium to accommodate ACC fans and if USF /UCF is the AAC team.(One made for football games) Wont interfere with Outback bowl or Bucs games if not played on New Years Day or Sunday. 

Orlando has two bowls within a week of each other in the Citrus bowl, And the new Playoff /Championship  will and can as well (Rose Bowl this year and BCS NC game in same stadium).

However I do love the Dome ( AC is nice but the sunshine is also nice this time of year).

When the Beef's Bowl was created it had a lot of sponsorship money from the convention and visitors bureau of Pinellas. (not sure the exact name of that organization) .... that money went away, but I think part of the appeal is that the Bowl is in a new location.

Miami used to have two bowl games at the same stadium too (ironically the early game is now the Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando).

By the way, for those who don't know, the Beef's Bowl has tons of ties to USF.

The two full time employees of the bowl both worked with me at USF, they sold sponsorships for ESPN Regional / ISP. The ESPN game operations director runs several events for ESPN, he used to work for USF in game operations. Many of the game day help (like me and the PA announcer today) are USF people too. The game sort of feels like a reunion in a way.

Mike,

Thanks for all that you do with the bowl. Also, thanks for representing USF is a great way. I love the Beef Bowl. I think it will keep growing as the location in second to none being so close to the beach. This was the 1st Beef bowl that I have missed due to the 2pm kickoff on a work day for me. I believe the time slot is a lot better next season with the new bowl contracts. The Beefs bowl actually moved a step up in getting a partial tie in with the ACC, AAC, and C-USA. You never know what ACC team will fall to this bowl which will help sell tickets. If the Rays ever get a new stadium, you can bet that this bowl will follow to whereever the new Rays stadium is built. I am dreaming, but it would be sweet to see the bowl game end up in downtown Tampa with the new Rays stadium. I am dreaming, I know. 

This was the first time I worked this game. I do work the Outback Bowl every year and love it. My Outback Bowl job is for the ticket office.

What I did at the Beef's Bowl was just a fill in to help a close friend (who was the PA announcer).

You mentioned the location, that spot is a better view than the Raymond James Stadium PA location, which is higher up and also in a corner. The view/location isn't bad, the only issue was the Ohio numbers were so hard to read. When they were showing highlights from their season, we kept noticing all year long they wore jerseys with solid numbers, we wished they wouldn't have broken out the special jerseys for the Bowl game.