• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

duck dynasty

smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

My point is stop trying to put words like idiot and ignorance in my mouth. Personally, I don't think of the word ignorance when I think of Bible thumpers or bigots ... If you and Oliver do, fine.

Ignorance is lacking knowledge of a particular subject, I don't see anything offensive about that.

I'd much rather be stereotyped as ignorant than stereotyped a bigot, but to each his own.

Since we're talking about Phil Robertson and not you, that's pretty much a moot point ...

I was talking about you, who seemed to be very offended by the term "ignorant" but have no problem tossing around the term "bigot".

By the way, I know a whole lot of rednecks that would be grossly offended to be assumed to be "Bible thumping bigots". 

And that's a fallacy of stereotyping ...

And you've lost me here.  It's a fallacy that rednecks don't want to be stereotyped?

I know plenty of people that love being called rednecks, simple country folk that enjoy having land and driving trucks and using shotguns and not trapped in the urban jungle.  Many are bright and open minded.  Where else you are taking this discussion is a mystery to me.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

My point is stop trying to put words like idiot and ignorance in my mouth. Personally, I don't think of the word ignorance when I think of Bible thumpers or bigots ... If you and Oliver do, fine.

Ignorance is lacking knowledge of a particular subject, I don't see anything offensive about that.

I'd much rather be stereotyped as ignorant than stereotyped a bigot, but to each his own.

Since we're talking about Phil Robertson and not you, that's pretty much a moot point ...

I was talking about you, who seemed to be very offended by the term "ignorant" but have no problem tossing around the term "bigot".

I'm offended when people put words in my mouth to make their case like you did early on. That's the only reason we're having a discussion about this.

By the way, I know a whole lot of rednecks that would be grossly offended to be assumed to be "Bible thumping bigots". 

And that's a fallacy of stereotyping ...

And you've lost me here.  It's a fallacy that rednecks don't want to be stereotyped?

Noooo ... Stereotyping is a broad umbrella that all being stereotyped don't fit under.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i saw a picture yesterday

one blond is a 10!!!!

I'm offended when people put words in my mouth to make their case like you did early on. That's the only reason we're having a discussion about this.

The quote you posted was offensive to me, as it appeared to slam rednecks as being ignorant and "Bible thumping bigots" as you stated later. The quote is just as ignorant as Phil's statements.  Since you stated the quote was "The best quote I saw", I could imagine no other reason you would post that if you didn't believe it.  

Apparently I misunderstood, and for that I apologize.  Which leaves me completely mystified as to why you posted that if you did not intend ridicule rednecks.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

The quote you posted was offensive to me, as it appeared to slam rednecks as being ignorant and "Bible thumping bigots" as you stated later. The quote is just as ignorant as Phil's statements.  Since you stated the quote was "The best quote I saw", I could imagine no other reason you would post that if you didn't believe it.  

Apparently I misunderstood, and for that I apologize.  Which leaves me completely mystified as to why you posted that if you did not intend ridicule rednecks.

Actually, the intent was to ridicule A&E for their naivete ... 

Actually, the intent was to ridicule A&E for their naivete ... 

You mean, like this?

684bcf1a9877860f8cfd242dc2ebfc7b.jpg

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

i saw a picture yesterday

one blond is a 10!!!!

Which one?

rs_560x415-131010132836-1024.robertson.c

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I will bet he's talking about Jep Robertson's wife ...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

[image]http://www.starpulse.com/Actors/Robertson,_Jep/gallery/GFR-023540/[/image]

Hopefully this works, trying to paste the pic from my iPhone.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

[image]http://www.starpulse.com/Actors/Robertson,_Jep/gallery/GFR-023540/[/image]

Hopefully this works, trying to paste the pic from my iPhone.

One of these two?

Jep%20Robertson%20Jessica%20Robertson%20