• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

how does our ad keep his job?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,505
  • Days Won:  43

Maybe he's worked on getting some home and homes v Big 10 teams.  Maybe he is attending AAC meetings trying to come up with conference alignment.  Maybe he is trying to get Tampa to be in on a rotating host for the basketball tournament and not have it permanently in Memphis.  I really hate sharing discussions with him on here and maybe I should PM you instead.  But I just don't see a lazy, non caring, sitting at his desk type guy and feel the need to defend him.  Didn't a poll show when Taggart was hired that 70+% thought it was a good hire.  Tony Dungy thought it was a good hire.  He didn't, with Holtz or Taggart, just pick a name out of a hat. He spoke with tons of people in each case.  Sometimes things just don't go the way you think they will.  Ask Gator Nation about that.  Should their AD be fired? 

I'm done now.  I know you can't convince anyone on a message board to change how they look at things.  Leavitt was God, Holtz was the anti-Christ and Doug is evil incarnate.  I know, I know.

Very great points. In the end, you are right about our AD. Not to say that there are not big problems right now, but I am hoping CWT gets it turned around. If that happens, then most of the doubters of Woolard will be gone.  I am just worried about the small support. Not sure what can be done about that besides winning. And winning a lot. So I get that the people in athletics are pretty much leaning that way. As I have stated, USF has a tought task of competing with fans from Ligtning and Bucs. We cant out market those pro teams. We dont have that power like they do. We just need to win. And yes, I beileve UF AD made a mistake by coming out as saying that he is 110% supportive of Muschamp. Should have told everyone that he will wait until the season is over before making comments. That is why I like the way Woolard handles it better. He pretty much controls the situation by being more stealth in a lof of things. He is a great business AD. Anyone that cant see that just are hating our have no clue of doing business. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,092
  • Days Won:  469

All those things are good I am sure, but with the exception of getting out of the AAC, those efforts reach only around the perimeter.

The cash cow or cash drainer is football.  It is the sport that pays for all the other fun stuff.  I worry it is failing miserably.  Hence, basketball tournament hosting and Big 10 home and homes don't begin to approach the problems with the program.  Again, maybe Willie can dig him out of this mess.  The mess that I believe Woolard's distance and lack of leadership in 2010 opened the door to leading to what we see today.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

And at some point we just need to agree to disagree.  We are at that point.

We have been.

I've met Doug.  He seemed like a nice guy.  Met him at a baseball game.  Not very outgoing, but polite.

I don't have a relationship with him.  Hence, my measuring stick is very different.  I look at where we were and where we are now.  It doesn't look good for our Athletics CEO in that regard. 

Again, maybe Willie digs him out and we don't end up with 8,000 fans and financially troubled.  Maybe by the time he retires, we'll look back at these rough times and be thankful we had Doug Woolard at the helm.  I sure hope so.  But recent history indicates otherwise.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I'm done now.  I know you can't convince anyone on a message board to change how they look at things.  Leavitt was God, Holtz was the anti-Christ and Doug is evil incarnate.  I know, I know.

You need to keep remembering that so you don't bother wasting your time with these back and forths ...

That's so juvenile.

That's so juvenile.

I know juvenile ... am very familiar with juvenile ... and that's not juvenile.

Well you pick the word that suits you.

Well you pick the word that suits you.

Astute.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

I don't really care how hard he is working. The guy is getting paid a ton of dough, hes supposed to be working hard. Maybe He needs to learn to work smarter not harder.

He's done some nice things, but the clear bottom line is usf athletics is on a decline.

Football team is rock bottom and bball , despite so me improvement , has no presence

• Downvote 1