• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WBB v Jacksonville

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

The women won again tonight but there are a few things that concern me.  First, they don't finish around the basket.  Counted 15 shots that would be considered layups that didn't drop.  The good news is that they got to the basket.  But against better competition (like MD in the opener) those misses will cost you. 

If my memory serves me (which it may not) the center has fouled out of both games that I've seen.  3 point shooting is a big concern.  Inga hit her first 2 but then went 0fer the rest of the night.  At least 4 misses after the first 2.  The gal from Spain, Pujol I believe, doesn't seem to have an outside shot.  Made some sweet passes but her outside jumper looks like mine - no rotation on the ball, just kind of pushes it up there.

Nice to see a win tonight but a very sloppy 2nd half.  Scored 47 in the first and with 8 minutes remaining in the 2nd they were sitting at 59.  CJF did go deep into his bench but had to but the starters back in when the lead got cut to about 13, maybe less.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

The women won again tonight but there are a few things that concern me.  First, they don't finish around the basket.  Counted 15 shots that would be considered layups that didn't drop.  The good news is that they got to the basket.  But against better competition (like MD in the opener) those misses will cost you. 

If my memory serves me (which it may not) the center has fouled out of both games that I've seen.  3 point shooting is a big concern.  Inga hit her first 2 but then went 0fer the rest of the night.  At least 4 misses after the first 2.  The gal from Spain, Pujol I believe, doesn't seem to have an outside shot.  Made some sweet passes but her outside jumper looks like mine - no rotation on the ball, just kind of pushes it up there.

Nice to see a win tonight but a very sloppy 2nd half.  Scored 47 in the first and with 8 minutes remaining in the 2nd they were sitting at 59.  CJF did go deep into his bench but had to but the starters back in when the lead got cut to about 13, maybe less.

I'm going to disagree a little. Tonight was a cat that caught a mouse and played with it for a while.

We used a lot of bench, spread a lot of minutes around.

Inga scored 9, hit her first 2 3's, and a 2 where she was fouled and turned it into a 3 point play. She was far from sharp, but a huge step forward from the first game (and the second for that matter too).

Center is an issue, McDonald will foul out a lot, and will have a lot of minutes on the bench because of foul trouble. Her 3 backups are all new, and none look ready for the pace of Jose's up tempo game. But, now is the time for them to try to catch up. In crunch time if McDonald gets in foul trouble  we might go small as long as the opponent isn't too big.

Pujol looked really good last game, over 20 points, a couple 3's. I think she had 6 or 8 tonight, she will be fine. Her defense today is light years ahead of Inga's as a freshman (and maybe just as good as Inga as a senior.)

Games like tonight will help some of our key players to have fresh legs late in the season.

Edited by Mike Stuben

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468

I'm going to disagree a little. Tonight was a cat that caught a mouse and played with it for a while.

Inga scored 9, hit her first 2 3's, and a 2 where she was fouled and turned it into a 3 point play. She was far from sharp, but a huge step forward from the first game (and the second for that matter too).

Center is an issue, McDonald will foul out a lot, and will have a lot of minutes on the bench because of foul trouble. Her 3 backups are all new, and none look ready for the pace of Jose's up tempo game. But, now is the time for them to try to catch up. In crunch time if McDonald gets in foul trouble  we might go small as long as the opponent isn't too big.

Pujol looked really good last game, over 20 points, a couple 3's. I think she had 6 or 8 tonight, she will be fine. Her defense today is light years ahead of Inga's as a freshman (and maybe just as good as Inga as a senior.)

Games like tonight will help some of our key players to have fresh legs late in the season.

One player had 31 minutes, then no one else was over 25 mins. tonight.

16 players played

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061

Saw the game against Central Connecticut. Pujol looks like a player. So does Taylor and Jenkins. Inca needs to find herself

Re: Pujol, I think she looks like a player.  But I don't expect consistency from that shot of hers from long range. Watch the rotation of the ball.  It looks like a knuckle ball and we know how they float and dance.

Re: Inga, you could she her shaking her head after the 3rd miss in a row.  Not that she won't find it, but her confidence seems to be shaken.  Shooters shoot.  She's a shooter and she needs to continue to put them up.  If she can go 4 for 7 one night she'll feel better about herself.

Edited by CousinRicky

Courtney Williams is my favorite player to watch so far.  Has great explosiveness.  Elevates really well.  Tends to shoot the ball too hard on the drives to the basket but once she starts making more of those...... Watch out.

We need to recruit ladies whose names aren't so similar.  Really having a hard time.  Taylor and Naylor.  Shalethia and Alisia.  And every time I see Stringfield I think of the Rutgers coach, is it Springer or something like that?  Just kidding on this last bit.

Best hair of the night went to #24 from JU.  Loved it.