• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF and the AAC's Future.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

It was sad to see the Bulls get destroyed the way that they were today, but the good news is that we already have 2 wins under our belt so no matter what we avoid the dreaded 0-fer.   The other good news is that out of the 11 teams that will be in the AAC next year, we are #1 in recruiting.   I know alot of people are skeptical that this means anything, but we were LAST in recruiting in 2012, 2nd to last in 2011, and only 5th in 2010.  In 2009 we were 2nd and had a single class that included JPP,Barrington,Lattimore,Lamar, and a handful of other guys that have contributed.  Theres a reason why teams like Alabama,FSU, and Oregon are all on top....they have more talent.

The other thing I wanted to point out is that the future of the overall AAC honestly looks better then the Big East did for a while.  UCF is legit top 25.  Houston is really good.  Tulane is 6-2 and has gotten a huge recruiting bump by joining the AAC. East Carolina is a very solid 5-2 with close losses to Va Tech and Tulane.  Cincy will get better under Tuberville.  Temple is recruiting fairly well too, and should get back to respectable by 2014.    Uconn is a disaster now that Edsall is gone, and Memphis is not getting any better either.    The moral of the story here is that we need this conference to remain as strong as possible, so that an undefeated AAC team will reach the newly formed playoffs.  The way the system is now no AAC team, Louisville included has any chance of reaching the title game but with 4 spots up for grabs its going to be hard to justify not putting in an undefeated AAC team over 2 or 3 1 loss teams from bigger conferences.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213

AAC is DOA.  It will be a perpetual doormat.  Anytime a school/coach/bowl becomes valuable, it/he will be snatched by the P5.  We exist to line the P5's pockets.

AAC is in a barrel of random conferences gasping for attention, airtime and dollars.

If everybody wants out, it's not a conference, it's a jail.

Edited by Carolina_Bull

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

AAC is DOA.  It will be a perpetual doormat.  Anytime a school/coach/bowl becomes valuable, it/he will be snatched by the P5.  We exist to line the P5's pockets.

AAC is in a barrel of random conferences gasping for attention, airtime and dollars.

+1000000000

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315

All those things are true, but out of all of the conferences that are not the P5, the AAC is the best one.  The Mountain West without a strong Boise is nothing.  The Sun Belt and C-USA are both awful and about to get worse.  The MAC has 2 good teams and a whole lot of bad ones.  At the very least if USF and UCF can rise to the top of the AAC, then it will lead to a place within one of the P5 conferences no doubt.  The Big 12 is overdue to make a move and I still would not be shocked if they try to get the I-4 strip.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

ABANDON SHIIIIIIP *leaps into the sea*

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

The Mountain West without a strong Boise is nothing.

This should be our goal right now, to be Boise St: Southeast Division.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

college football top division has 2 defacto leagues

power conferences and non power conferences

usf plays in lower tier and will get lower tier players for the most part

in a couple of years i dont see how you can justify spending millions on a lower tier program

if you are night competing at the highest level  when you are one the largest schools in the usa what is the point

the ocs is out for sure

All those things are true, but out of all of the conferences that are not the P5, the AAC is the best one.  The Mountain West without a strong Boise is nothing.  The Sun Belt and C-USA are both awful and about to get worse.  The MAC has 2 good teams and a whole lot of bad ones.  At the very least if USF and UCF can rise to the top of the AAC, then it will lead to a place within one of the P5 conferences no doubt.  The Big 12 is overdue to make a move and I still would not be shocked if they try to get the I-4 strip.

usf lost tomccheese and fau badly

usf fans need to come to grips witht he fact that we are terrible and have been for years

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

AAC is DOA. It will be a perpetual doormat. Anytime a school/coach/bowl becomes valuable, it/he will be snatched by the P5. We exist to line the P5's pockets.

AAC is in a barrel of random conferences gasping for attention, airtime and dollars.

All those things are true, but out of all of the conferences that are not the P5, the AAC is the best one. The Mountain West without a strong Boise is nothing. The Sun Belt and C-USA are both awful and about to get worse. The MAC has 2 good teams and a whole lot of bad ones. At the very least if USF and UCF can rise to the top of the AAC, then it will lead to a place within one of the P5 conferences no doubt. The Big 12 is overdue to make a move and I still would not be shocked if they try to get the I-4 strip.

usf lost tomccheese and fau badly

usf fans need to come to grips witht he fact that we are terrible and have been for years

Wow I feel soooooooo much better now, thank you for letting me see the light (sarc)

mountain west has boise state!!!!

usf wouldn't do better in that conference

if you aren't in a power conference you are a no body