• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will Be Good For USF Next Year at Cincy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

We will get to play at the Cincy Bengals NFL venue while UC is doing the 86 million renovation to Nippert Field. Would make for a great road trip, that I plan to go. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

I've been to several Bengal games at PBS, last one a couple of weeks ago (vs Packers). Considering it only seats 5k more than our place, it looks much bigger and you are much further away from the field in the upper levels (have sat up top and in the club level). Too much concrete. Ray Jay is a much better venue, IMO. However, you can get that 4 pack of Gold Star Conies at PBS. That's always good.

I haven't missed a USF/UC game in 7 years, home or away. However, I hate Nippert and had planned on skipping the game next year after last year's fiasco. Don't have to do that now.

Edited by swamprat

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

I've been to several Bengal games at PBS, last one a couple of weeks ago (vs Packers). Considering it only seats 5k more than our place, it looks much bigger and you are much further away from the field in the upper levels (have sat up top and in the club level). Too much concrete. Ray Jay is a much better venue, IMO. However, you can get that 4 pack of Gold Star Conies at PBS. That's always good.

I haven't missed a USF/UC game in 7 years, home or away. However, I hate Nippert and had planned on skipping the game next year after last year's fiasco. Don't have to do that now.

Nippert is my favorite road ":big east" stadium (except for the lack of parking). And thinking of all the beating we have taken there, that is a bit of a surprise.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Nippert is my favorite road ":big east" stadium (except for the lack of parking). And thinking of all the beating we have taken there, that is a bit of a surprise.

I know I'm in the minority, here. Most people are not going to have the problems we do.

The first time, parking was a problem, but then I discovered the parking garages. The Green garage north of the stadium is nice. We tailgated in it the last 2 times up there. Easy in. Easy out.

My problem with Nippert is with the lack of accommodations for handicapped fans. It's the worst. Even when you got me tickets, they weren't for handicapped seating. They were for regular seating, with the stipulation that they could be used for handicapped seating when we got there. In reality, handicapped seating is available to visiting fans, only if not being used by the home crowd. In 08 and 12 we got to stay in the handicapped section, because a couple of season ticket holders failed to come.

In 2010, I had no seats period and squeezed Mrs. S at the railing above the home side lower level at the north east side of the venue. She ended up watching the game through the railing with me standing behind her. To see the clock and scoreboard, I had to climb by her, up on the rail, and bend upside down. Those who know me, visualize, but keep control of yourself. :D

Getting to that point in the stadium was a job, in and of itself, too. We entered the stadium a 45 minutes before the game and it was the beginning of the 2nd quarter before we got situated. It was just a sea of humanity and not moving. We had the same problem in 08 getting to the seating. I figured out a way around that in 2012.

Notice I never complained to you, or Brian last year. There was nothing you could have done to prevent what happened. Can't demand what they can't provide. After the 1st time, I knew what I was getting into. I just made the decision to skip UC next time around and skip the hassle. Now that it's at PBS. It's back on the list. :thumbsup:

Edited by swamprat

I know I'm in the minority, here. Most people are not going to have the problems we do.

The first time, parking was a problem, but then I discovered the parking garages. The Green garage north of the stadium is nice. We tailgated in it the last 2 times up there. Easy in. Easy out.

My problem with Nippert is with the lack of accommodations for handicapped fans. It's the worst. Even when you got me tickets, they weren't for handicapped seating. They were for regular seating, with the stipulation that they could be used for handicapped seating when we got there. In reality, handicapped seating is available to visiting fans, only if not being used by the home crowd. In 08 and 12 we got to stay in the handicapped section, because a couple of season ticket holders failed to come.

In 2010, I had no seats period and squeezed Mrs. S at the railing above the home side lower level at the north east side of the venue. She ended up watching the game through the railing with me standing behind her. To see the clock and scoreboard, I had to climb by her, up on the rail, and bend upside down. Those who know me, visualize, but keep control of yourself. :D

Getting to that point in the stadium was a job, in and of itself, too. We entered the stadium a 45 minutes before the game and it was the beginning of the 2nd quarter before we got situated. It was just a sea of humanity and not moving. We had the same problem in 08 getting to the seating. I figured out a way around that in 2012.

Notice I never complained to you, or Brian last year. There was nothing you could have done to prevent what happened. Can't demand what they can't provide. After the 1st time, I knew what I was getting into. I just made the decision to skip UC next time around and skip the hassle. Now that it's at PBS. It's back on the list. :thumbsup:

I completely understand, and I would assume PBS would be the opposite in terms of accessible seating (a new modern NFL stadium should have all their ducks in a row).

I do remember how hard it is to move around inside of Nippert. Aisles and walkways simply aren't big enough.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,637
  • Days Won:  3

I remember how pumped I was after getting front row 50 yard seats only to find out the front row was on the same level as the field and you couldn't see past the players standing on the field!

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I'd rather watch a game at Nippert than Paul Brown.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

I like our chances better at winning in the NFL sized stadium then a cozy on campus stadium in where the students are very loud. So I will take going on the road playing in an NFL venue over on campus any time. Too bad we could not get UCF to agree to play the road game in Orlando at the Citrus Bowl. 

I like our chances better at winning in the NFL sized stadium then a cozy on campus stadium in where the students are very loud. So I will take going on the road playing in an NFL venue over on campus any time. Too bad we could not get UCF to agree to play the road game in Orlando at the Citrus Bowl. 

We are undefeated at the Citrus Bowl.

and

We are undefeated at BrightHouse Networks Stadium.

So either way, its all good.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

I'd rather watch a game at Nippert than Paul Brown.

same especially when it will be half empty