• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Oregon recruits kids in Florida often. This is nothing new.

They don't have one Florida recruit on the team. So yeah, its been awhile.
http://oregon.247sports.com/Season/2013-Football/Roster

Uuuhhhhh no.

Also they've actively recruited Florida for at least the past decade. They been in on quiet a few FL prospects to the end during that time but they've struggled to close like most PAC schools do in FL. It's hard to convince kids to essentially leave all their friends and family behind for 4-5 years....

Basically they've pulled kids out of the state under the old and new regime, but not in great numbers. Again this is nothing new. Now if they suddenly start pulling 4-5 kids every cycle then a post like this would be warranted....

OK, this is about where Oregon is now, not the past decade. Oregon can come to FL, offer a top 5 recruit, with Ohio St and Florida offers, fly them in for a game where it rains the entire game and get a commit out of the visit. That is new, that is what the program has come to today. There are no Florida recruits currently on the Oregon team. But apparently Oregon is so popular they can go anywhere in the country and out recruit the top teams that recruit in the area. That was this gist of the show yesterday talking about how great Oregon's recruiting currently is. If you don't agree with that, contact them.

facepalm.jpg

Per ESPN Recruiting Nation.

I guess this is the difference between you and me. If someone, especially more than one, questions a fact I've thrown out there, I'll do what I can to verify what I posted and not rely on just one source, especially a second hand source ... I imagine in your history book Thomas Dewey is the 33rd President of the United States.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Yeah Trip, I double check important things like patient name, side and place we are operating on, equipment function, patient allergies, etc.. You know, things that really matter in life, not something said on ESPN by a bunch of so called experts during a prepared segment.

Yeah Trip, I double check important things like patient name, side and place we are operating on, equipment function, patient allergies, etc.. You know, things that really matter in life, not something said on ESPN by a bunch of so called experts during a prepared segment.

Pay attention ... I didn't say check it out after watching the segment.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Wow, Trip pulls out a Dewey reference. Did you stay up late that night Trip? :Shhhh:

Edited by Bullwinkle

Wow, Trip pulls out a Dewey reference. Did you stay up late that night Trip? :Shhhh:

I had school the next day so I couldn't ....

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

Not really sure where the conversation is now but in response to previous Florida players that went to Oregon the first 2 that came to mind were Lagarrette Blount and Ryan Gilliam(sp?) with the latter transferring back home to play for us.

Although if there is a school that I think is in a position to dominate and be another Bama in terms of being able to recruit all over the US I could totally see why kids would want to go to Oregon. They receive an unlimited amount of the newest Nike gear available, top notch facilities, run an offense that will get you recognized if your a skill position player and probably their most important factor being Oregon's laxed laws with Mary J.

I really don't see them ever being able to dominate like a Bama or other major SEC school but they are already dominating their conference for the most part as it is a lot easier to get someone into Oregon compared to a majority of the universities in Cali. The team/coach I'm more worried about cherry picking from us is Dumb U/Liar Meyer. I can't stand that school and am so tired of having to listen to all of the Bigten/OSU homers on ESPN talk about how great the teams are in that conference and on par with the SEC.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1