• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa Golf Course Recommendations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

So I am involved in planning a golf weekend in Tampa.  Since I no longer live in Tampa, I'm not sure whether these are good choices for golf courses.  

Carrollwood
Heritage Harbor
Lake Jovita

From what I can tell, Carrollwood and Lake Jovita are solid, Heritage Harbor looks shaky.  Are these three good choices or do you have any other recommendations?   We'll be staying at the resort where Carrollwood is.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Carrollwood is private, I think. You might try Westchase.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

How about our own USF Claw - not always in pristine condition but one of the best courses for wildlife viewing in the area and a great layout.

When I am in the Tampa area I generally play Summerfield but that is more toward the Brandon side of town.  To be honest, Orlando has much better courses -- with all those UCF grads looking for landscaping jobs and whatnot.

• 2 weeks later...

How about our own USF Claw - not always in pristine condition but one of the best courses for wildlife viewing in the area and a great layout.

When I am in the Tampa area I generally play Summerfield but that is more toward the Brandon side of town.  To be honest, Orlando has much better courses -- with all those UCF grads looking for landscaping jobs and whatnot.

Yeah, but most of the group is from around Orlando.  The idea is to get away.  :D

Lake Jovita on North 75 has become the leading contender.  We'd somewhere else on the way in on Friday, stay and play Saturday and Sunday morning.  Someone said that course isn't currently in great shape.  But the reviews we can find seem to be very good.

The Claw would be great, but we're trying to keep travel down.  We played World Woods one year and the courses were fantastic, but the closest place for golf style villas was 45 minutes out.  Really drags down the post-Saturday round drinking and poker.

Any thoughts?

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  743
  • Days Won:  1

Played down near Bradenton on Friday, Waterlefe was a fantastic course and in good shape.  Legacy was a good layout but they have recently undertaken a huge overseeding project so it was still a little shaggy and cart path only, should turn aroung in a few weeks

Thanks for the info, I'll put Waterlefe and Legacy on the list.  We aren't going until late spring, so Legacy should be in fine shape.