• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Zack Darlington, QB, Apopka (crazy talk)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Are you nucking futs? He still has a speech impediment from the Dain Bramage as referenced in your link. You can buy a Dr. . to say Charles Manson has a slight learning disability. Don't mean it's so. This line really needs to be moved to its own thread. It's not about Wanky

The passage below speaks volumes

Not with Darlington, whom the family says was cleared by doctors to play in early August only to absorb a hit a few weeks later, one that didn't look vicious in nature but created an aftermath that frightened everyone either in the stadium or watching virally. Darlington awoke in a South Carolina hospital and remembered asking, "What the heck?" because he remembered Apopka was down 44-36 and driving downfield for another score. Apopka lost 51-36.

His high school career is probably over. Darlington can live with that. But that's the only door he's shutting.

"God wants me to play," Darlington said. "But I think he's kind of saying hold off a little bit."

You missed this passage.

Zack and his father, Apopka coach Rick Darlington, both say the doctors involved in the process have told him he's capable of returning to his old form. The family has no indication at this point Darlington will have permanent brain damage, Rick said. Darlington has tested well in concussion-related exams and his memory is intact, Rick said. Dr. Semyon Slobounov, a director of virtual reality/traumatic brain injury research laboratory at Penn State, is overseeing Darlington's recovery, as is central Florida-based Dr. James M. Ray, a former University of Kentucky team basketball physician, according to his bio.

"We're ready to play when the doctors say he's ready to play," Rick said. "It's not going to happen soon. It's not going to happen in three weeks."

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Are you nucking futs? He still has a speech impediment from the Dain Bramage as referenced in your link. You can buy a Dr. . to say Charles Manson has a slight learning disability. Don't mean it's so. This line really needs to be moved to its own thread. It's not about Wanky

Not with Darlington, whom the family says was cleared by doctors to play in early August only to absorb a hit a few weeks later, one that didn't look vicious in nature but created an aftermath that frightened everyone either in the stadium or watching virally. Darlington awoke in a South Carolina hospital and remembered asking, "What the heck?" because he remembered Apopka was down 44-36 and driving downfield for another score. Apopka lost 51-36.

His high school career is probably over. Darlington can live with that. But that's the only door he's shutting.

"God wants me to play," Darlington said. "But I think he's kind of saying hold off a little bit."

By the way, where did you get your medical degree?

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

It's not even about the medical issues any more, it's about the lawsuit if he winds up in a coma. Jury is going to add a lot of zeroes to punish the school that put him on the field, knowing his history. Advanced concept for some of our readers, i know, but I am trying again.

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

Here goes what?  There's nothing in the OP to even start a thread.

Am I missing something??

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

It's not even about the medical issues any more, it's about the lawsuit if he winds up in a coma. Jury is going to add a lot of zeroes to punish the school that put him on the field, knowing his history. Advanced concept for some of our readers, i know, but I am trying again.

Its all about the medical issues. If a doctor (or team of doctors that are experts in the field) clears him and the family is informed of the risk and waives it to play, there's only going to be one zero.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

If the student-athlete knows full well of his condition and decides on his own to continues to perform, then the school will not be liable unless they purposely create a harmful environment.. such as withholding water/trainers/medical personnel in an overheated facility.

If the student-athlete knows full well of his condition and decides on his own to continues to perform, then the school will not be liable unless they purposely create a harmful environment.. such as withholding water/trainers/medical personnel in an overheated facility.

You're killing me(literally)  :lmao: :lmao:

Am I missing something??

I opened it as someplace to put all the ZD stuff that's in Wanky's thread in but Old Uncle Trip must be napping.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  193
  • Days Won:  0

Am I missing something??

I opened it as someplace to put all the ZD stuff that's in Wanky's thread in but Old Uncle Trip must be napping.

Ah gotcha! My bad, Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

You're killing me(literally)  :lmao: :lmao:

NM

Not worth it

Edited by dogma