• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NY Post Suggests G5 Have Their Own Playoffs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

This is a wonderful idea, but it requires the approval of the P5.  This won't happen unless the P5 are allowed to create their own division.

I hate it when reality gets in the way of a good idea.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/football/smaller_conferences_need_their_own_AuadB8EPOfZ90DgmdUUx9O

So here’s a thought for the Group of Five — the MAC and the independents, the Sun Belt and Conference USA, the Mountain West and the American Athletic Conference: Toss out from your tent those high ‘dolers’ and create your own 16-team college football playoff.

March Madness is the greatest three-week ride in American sports. December Delirium might be pretty thrilling as well.

hahahaha

my idea months ago

of course they should breakaway from ncaa and big 5

big 5 will soon break away from ncaa

Yep. I've been saying this for a while too, although I am more of a proponent of the AAC and MWC breaking away and doing their thing exclusively.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/football/smaller_conferences_need_their_own_AuadB8EPOfZ90DgmdUUx9O

So here’s a thought for the Group of Five — the MAC and the independents, the Sun Belt and Conference USA, the Mountain West and the American Athletic Conference: Toss out from your tent those high ‘dolers’ and create your own 16-team college football playoff.

March Madness is the greatest three-week ride in American sports. December Delirium might be pretty thrilling as well.

hahahaha

my idea months ago

Yep. I've been saying this for a while too, although I am more of a proponent of the AAC and MWC breaking away and doing their thing exclusively.

So many on here kick and scream about the P5 excluding schools.  So we turn around and do the same thing?  Just wondering.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Sorry want no part of some second tier, minor league tournament. Think anyone cares who won the NIT. Think anyone would care about this any more than the NIT as compared to the real NCAA Tournament (p5 football). No USF has to do whatever it take by any means to get back on the inside.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Ps. There already is a tournament. It's called the FCS playoffs. Think anyone would care about this any more than FCS playoffs.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

This is a wonderful idea, but it requires the approval of the P5.  This won't happen unless the P5 are allowed to create their own division.

I hate it when reality gets in the way of a good idea.

You are a tool.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  490
  • Days Won:  1

hahahaha

my idea months ago

So many on here kick and scream about the P5 excluding schools.  So we turn around and do the same thing?  Just wondering.

Yes. In my opinion, there are more than enough schools in both conferences to create an interesting league of similar, like-minded institutions.