• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Big Lebowski

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Any you fans of this movie?

I finally watched it; I just could never get ahold of of the movie.

Anyway, that scene with the scratchpad is a classic! Comedy genius.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

Greatest movie ever.  Did you see him in the opening scene smelling the milk (cream) and when he went up to the register he had milk in his mustache.  Also, he wrote a $0.67 cent check or something like that and heard President Bush say this aggression against the Kuwaities  will not stand.  Later on he says "this aggression will not stand"

Love what the chick says to him at the pool and he responds "I am going to go check the cash machine"

One scene he is wearing Jellies the shoes girls wore in the 70's.

I didn't know what to expect. I had heard that it was classic. So I was thinking it was some sort of spoof bowling movie.

Gotta watch it again and catch all the stuff I missed.

There was also a great message, too:

Lebowski did everything and was an achiever to the max. On the other hand, all Dude did was try to enjoy his life.

Dude abides 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Actually, if you remember, the Big lebowski was all an act. A sham. Maude's mother was very wealthy and the Big Lebowski used her money. He hadn't really achieved anything. Part of what makes the movie great. Great twist of facts.

Very good movie, lots of layers and the way they become intertwined is pretty well done. Definitely on my top 5.

Q: What was the most complicated shot for you in The Big Lebowski?

Bridges: Not the most complicated, but the most fun? It reminds me of something that happened in that sequence where I float through all those girls legs. Well that day was on the schedule as the dream sequence, and I thought it would be the Busby Berkeley where I dance down the steps, you know? That seemed cool, so I invited my wife and kids to come on set that day, cause they like to see us making the movies and all, y'know? But the Coens switched it and did the other imaginary sequence, and I thought oh god, what're my kids going to think when I turn over and I'm staring up these girls' dresses? So I didn't know it, but all the girls - the dancers got together and pulled this trick on me. As I float through there and turn and look up a dress, I see this big - well, tufts of hair coming out everywhere - and it's the same under the next girl's skirt. And they all seem to have - well, y'know? It turns out they'd put these big wigs under their leotards between their legs, hidden by their skirts, so only I would see it. And fortunately, Lloyd Catlett, my dear, beloved friend and stand-in whose been on my pictures ever since The Last Picture Show was in on it and had the good sense to tell my wife. So she was waiting to see the look on my face, and now everybody was in on it. It was really funny, but I couldn't laugh. But that's why I have that weird smile on my face in the picture. But the expression on my twelve year old daughter's face was just as weird. She didn't know what to make of it.

Q: Going back to the Dude, what does he do? Like to pay the rent?

Bridges: Well, he probably lets it get several months overdue, then he feels bad and asks Walter or somebody if they have something for him to actually do in order to earn some bread. And he probably has a great record collection, and he charges to let people make recordings off it. And he does what comes his way - as long as he can keep buying kahlua.

http://www.filmscouts.com/scripts/interview.cfm?File=jef-bri

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Actually watched it again last night after seeing this thread. You're out of your element!

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

It sucked, IMO

yah, I know. I'll never be one of the cool guys.

It sucked, IMO

yah, I know. I'll never be one of the cool guys.

You missed the subtitles of the movie that make it a classic.

Such as, only time the Dude does not use the F-word and someone asks him why he uses bad words all the time

A shirt in one scene the dude was wearing was from the movie "Fisher King"

Dude was wearing Jellies (girls shoes form the 70's)

Things said by someone in one scene are repeated by another person in another scene and they make no sense.  

Don't be fatuous Jeffrey  (in response to the Dude saying he fixes the cable)

Did you notice the glasses the Walter was wearing?