• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kevin Bronson,DE,

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Bronson has us in 2nd before visits. VT will be tough to beat

Rutgers recruiting: Kevin Bronson, Florida DL, updates where he stands with Scarlet Knights

Print By Todderick Hunt/NJ.com
Follow on Twitter
on January 15, 2014 at 3:26 PM, updated January 15, 2014 at 3:31 PM

Kevin Bronson, Village Academy (Delray Beach, Fla.) defensive lineman, took his official visit to Rutgers the weekend of Dec. 7 – hosted by defensive lineman D'Jwany Mera – and has since awaited his next official visit to further cut down his list of finalists. At the moment, four remain.

"I'm pretty much down to Virginia Tech, South Florida, Florida and Rutgers," said Bronson.

The 6-3, 250-pounder has only taken one official visit, so far – to Rutgers – and says he will take four in total. He will visit USF Jan. 17, Virginia Tech Jan. 24 and Florida Jan. 31.

Bronson hopes to make a decision a couple days before National Signing Day.

"I'll probably do it after I take my last scheduled visit," he said. "Signing day is February 5th, so probably the second or the third, I'll make my decision."

However, there is an additional school looking to make up ground late in the process.

"Nebraska is trying to get me there, too," he said.

And although unlikely, a visit to Lincoln could cause Bronson to delay his decision.

"I probably won't get to visit Nebraska," he said. "But you don't have to sign on signing day. I could wait it out."

At the moment, the Hokies have taken the lead.

"I'll say Virginia Tech is in the lead right now," said Bronson. "Coach (Charley) Wiles, he was the first coach my 10th grade year. He came and talked to me, gave me a card of his and told me how he likes me. Coach Wilds, he's a good guy."

Bronson says Rutgers is also "still in the boat," as he recently conversed with defensive line coach Jim Panagos.

"He was just asking me how everything is going, stuff like that," said Bronson. "And he just wanted to know where they stood in the boat. And I told him they are still in it.

"He's always telling me about coaching me and that he wants me, trying to get me to come to the school. We have some good conversations."

However, when Bronson ranked his relationships with his recruiters from his top four schools, Panagos comes in third.

"Right now, coach Wiles from Virginia Tech, he's in the lead," Bronson reiterated. "Then south Florida coach (Ron) Cooper. And coach Panagos, he's in there, I'd probably say before Florida. Then Florida, the d-line coach, coach (Brad) Lawing."

Although Rutgers has yet to hire a defensive coordinator, Bronson says he has been told the scheme will "remain the same."

Follow me on Twitter @TodderickHunt

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic