• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fences around football practice fields

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879
  • Days Won:  0

One has to wonder if the lack of privacy screens on the border fences had any effect in the previous few seasons lack of success. As stated, it was pretty easy for someone to see right through the fence, which would be easy for a "spy" to pick up plays in practice.

no need with CSH and company

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803

Leavitt had the black privacy screens around the practice fields. I was surprised that CSH didn't actually...

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276

About time, closed practice means closed

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

I brought up the lack of any cover awhile ago, but the majority here thought it wasn't really necessary.

The cover that they put up really doesn't prevent someone at the fence to see what's going on, but it would be difficult to do any filming from a car, if that was the intent.

http://thebullspen.com/index.php/topic/90255-practice-fields/

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

A few years ago when the Steelers were using USF's football fields practicing for Super Bowl, my kid's friend and her visiting mom were taking shortcut through the woods in back of old practice fields when security guards stopped them because the mom had a video camera in her hand.  The mom wasn't using camera to film Steelers, she just happened to innocently be walking by to get somewhere else on campus with her daughter and was carrying the video camera.  The security guards scared the baloney out of the mom and treated her like she was some kind of dirt bag spy filming Steeler secrets.  The mom ended up giving them whatever video recording cassette was in her camera and then she and her daughter got the heck out of the woods by the practice field.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,086
  • Days Won:  469

I think I saw a bootleg of those Steeler practices...

We need any advantage we can provide ourselves.  If it's a closed practice, like many others, so be it.

If it's a trip to Vero (with measurable results) so be it.

If it is "purple slippers" as Holtz once mentioned, so be it.

Time to get serious and rebuild this program.